Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' Throws Down the Gauntlet, Challenges Trump to One-on-One Debate: 'I'm Ready for It'  (Read 5932 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Maybe, but when Trump says no to a debate, it makes him sound like he's a-feared of "DeSanctimonius," or whatever the stupid nickname du jour might be.

Nothing in the polls supports this thesis.  And, everything at last night's debate proved again that Trump's instincts and decision to forego the not ready for primetime ankle biters and the RNC approved "moderators" were right.

Besides, Trump appears to be crossing the Rubicon from a primary to national campaign ---- and last night he went a long way in keeping Michigan in play in 2024.  This is much more important than anything or anyone on the debate stage last night.

Offline LMAO

Hillary Clinton in the 2007 -2008 Democrat primary season started flipping from a primary campaign to a general election campaign before the votes came in

Didn’t work that well for her in the end. I don’t think Trump is that confident that his lead in the 2024 GOP presidential primary is carved in stone. If you look back at his endorsed candidates in 2022, many of them needed help from left-wing groups to get them over the top in their primary races

I have no doubt that a good number of those striking workers will probably vote for him. But it’s not enough.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Nothing in the polls supports this thesis.  And, everything at last night's debate proved again that Trump's instincts and decision to forego the not ready for primetime ankle biters and the RNC approved "moderators" were right.

Besides, Trump appears to be crossing the Rubicon from a primary to national campaign ---- and last night he went a long way in keeping Michigan in play in 2024.  This is much more important than anything or anyone on the debate stage last night.

Only problem with that thesis is that there were those in attendance who weren't members of the UAW -- so how many people did he truly reach last night?  Especially with Trump reportedly telling them that their strike "won't make a damn bit of difference".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Gauntlet??   88devil

Pro-tip, Ronny:  Donald Trump is not saving your political a$$ again.  You want stature?  Go earn it.

Offline mountaineer

Rubicon, eh?  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Is this goiong down at 3:00 PM in the back schoolyard?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Only problem with that thesis is that there were those in attendance who weren't members of the UAW --

Actually, while the speech was given from a non-union shop,  members of the UAW were there.  In fact, many heard of Trump's appearance only by word of mouth and arrived too late to get inside.  So, a sizable crowd lingered outside to listen. Trump's visit and his speech are in the union pipeline, for sure. 

BTW,, if interested, there are videos from members and non-members from last night available on Al Gore's magnificent Internet.

Trump was very effective in Michigan last night --- and this is a very good thing.

Online libertybele

Actually, while the speech was given from a non-union shop,  members of the UAW were there.  In fact, many heard of Trump's appearance only by word of mouth and arrived too late to get inside.  So, a sizable crowd lingered outside to listen. Trump's visit and his speech are in the union pipeline, for sure. 

BTW,, if interested, there are videos from members and non-members from last night available on Al Gore's magnificent Internet.

Trump was very effective in Michigan last night --- and this is a very good thing.

Thank you for your assessment and opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Rubicon, eh?  :silly:

Yes.

cross the Rubicon
to do something that you cannot later change and will strongly influence future events.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Thank you for your assessment and opinion.

You're welcome for the facts, too ----- also free of charge.   :laugh:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As I said in reply 1, I didn't watch the "debate" (and won't be watching any others).

Welcome back, RinVa.

A question for the many ne'ertrumpers of this forum:

Whatcha gonna do if -- against all odds -- Mr. Trump actually wins the election?

Granted, it will be a tough roe to hoe.

But for any OTHER of the "seven dwarves" on tv last night, it would be an order of magnitude more difficult. As in, "impossible".

Waiting to see if:
- RFK Jr. bolts and runs as an independent
- Cornell West (that's his name, right?) runs as a third party candidate to the left of the DCommunists...

Offline LMAO

Whatcha gonna do if -- against all odds -- Mr. Trump actually wins the election?

Nothing. What can we do? I didn’t vote for him in 2016 but I accepted that he was the newly elected president
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I guess sit back and watch him propose and possibly execute $15T in Freedom cities, add another $7T in sovereign debt, give people bonuses foir having babies, and all the other left wing populist bullshit he might come up with,  and then have the GOP blamed for it?

Sounds like a winner huh?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Only problem with that thesis is that there were those in attendance who weren't members of the UAW -- so how many people did he truly reach last night?  Especially with Trump reportedly telling them that their strike "won't make a damn bit of difference".

Well, he reached whatever non-auto worker (union or not) supporters of his showed up pretending they were autoworkers.  Of course, he obviously reached them a long time ago, so I'm not sure it helped him at all.

Might have hurt him to have appeared at a non-union plant in the middle of a strike, though.  If there's one thing most union people don't like, it is non-union employers.

Online libertybele

You're welcome for the facts, too ----- also free of charge.   :laugh:

Same old same old.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Nothing to do but:

:2popcorn:

I think it would be an absolute sh!tshow if he wins the election, but at least we'd be living in interesting times, eh?  So maybe try to extract whatever political entertainment factor may exist, and have some laughs.

The one thing I wouldn't do is defend the guy from...anything, really.   Did a lot of that from 2016 to 2020, but that's over.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As I said in reply 1, I didn't watch the "debate" (and won't be watching any others).

Welcome back, RinVa.

But for any OTHER of the "seven dwarves" on tv last night, it would be an order of magnitude more difficult. As in, "impossible".

Waiting to see if:
- Cornell West (that's his name, right?) runs as a third party candidate to the left of the DCommunists...
If Trump does somehow win the election I am going to predict we lose the House and democrats keep the Senate and we will see a four year lame duck presidency where once again anything done will be by EO an erased as soon as the next democrat president is sworn in...probably right after Trump's presidency again.

Offline LMAO

Nothing to do but:

:2popcorn:

I think it would be an absolute sh!tshow if he wins the election, but at least we'd be living in interesting times, eh?  So maybe try to extract whatever political entertainment factor may exist, and have some laughs.

The one thing I wouldn't do is defend the guy from...anything, really.   Did a lot of that from 2016 to 2020, but that's over.

We have to also hope that his next tenure doesn’t result in a President Elizabeth Warren

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

We have to also hope that his next tenure doesn’t result in a President Elizabeth Warren

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It could, but I think three 80 year old Presidents in a row would be too much for most people.  But maybe we get a President AOC!

Offline LMAO

It could, but I think three 80 year old Presidents in a row would be too much for most people.  But maybe we get a President AOC!

Or a President Rashida Tliab

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But it's one that there is a zero percent chance Trump will accept, and everyone knows it.   So it looks to me like desperation.
I think it would be a good thing, but that's me.

I can see Trump not wanting to be caught up in the mass debate. That mass debation was hard for anyone to watch, but one on one, same question to both, same time to answer, I'd like to see that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Welcome back, RinVa.

Waiting to see if:
Gee, you are a fisherman hoeing roe and all that....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Honestly, this sounds rather desperate.

Best thing DeSantis can do to help his campaign at this point is to beat Newsome.

I wouldn't call it desperate. More like frustrated.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

Welcome back, RinVa.

Waiting to see if:
Trump cannot possibly win the general election.  It is a mathmatical impossibility.