Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' Throws Down the Gauntlet, Challenges Trump to One-on-One Debate: 'I'm Ready for It'  (Read 5937 times)

Offline LMAO

The immediate as well as paramount threat to the Republic/Constitution is a runaway Federal Government, funded with massive deficits fueled by the printing of money by the Fed.  The fact that you lack the cognizance to understand this is a shame.

“The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”

Thomas Jefferson
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

The "true conservative"  you keep referring to is a figment of the Boomer imagination --- he or she has never existed, and still doesn't.  Hell,  even Ronald Reagan was a right leaning Populist.

Interesting that you don't recognize a true conservative who is before your very eyes.  You are so very blinded by a liberal/populist.

So, are you trying to compare Trump to Reagan??   :thud:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

FYI @corbe @Hoodat I was not in rehab of any kind. Briefers have been exceptionally respectful of each other, of late and didn't require my intervention. I added you two to my shit list though.

Ruh roh.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Interesting that you don't recognize a true conservative who is before your very eyes.

It's not that she doesn't recognize a true Conservative.  It is that she has utter contempt for Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

FYI @corbe @Hoodat I was not in rehab of any kind. Briefers have been exceptionally respectful of each other, of late and didn't require my intervention. I added you two to my shit list though.

I know your Boss AND the rules here @MOD7 and will pester Her with PM's if you unjustly f*ck with me. 
  Obviously not a well thought out strategy because I know she Loves her Mods.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's not that she doesn't recognize a true Conservative.  It is that she has utter contempt for Conservatives.

Uh-huh... you're as "Conservative" as a disoriented Japanese soldier suddenly plucked out of the caves on Okinawa.  A majority stockholder in Conestoga Wagons in an SUV World.

An Extremist who demands fiscal responsibility.  When does he want it?

He wants it NOW!  Eff the majority in Congress...where actual LEGISLATION HAPPENS, is at risk every 24 months.

All you all do is preen and virtue signal your asses off!

No practical solutions...just radical ones.

"Take your 'Castor Oil' and STFU"... isn't a way to get people to vote for you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

Uh-huh... you're as "Conservative" as a disoriented Japanese soldier suddenly plucked out of the caves on Okinawa.  A majority stockholder in Conestoga Wagons in an SUV World.

An Extremist who demands fiscal responsibility.  When does he want it?

He wants it NOW!  Eff the majority in Congress...where actual LEGISLATION HAPPENS, is at risk every 24 months.

All you all do is preen and virtue signal your asses off!

No practical solutions...just radical ones.

"Take your 'Castor Oil' and STFU"... isn't a way to get people to vote for you.

QED

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 :amen: :amen:
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
I'm totally convinced not even YOU believe this.   LOLOLOLOLOLOL
You make posts like this strictly for attention.

@Jack Russell

Not MY fault you are delusional.

You were delusional a long time before you started posting here.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The very real battle is a populist (at best) trying to prevent a true conservative from taking office, by insults, accusations and lies.

He needs to move out of the way and let someone who is conservative, decent and has integrity take the oval office.  Trump knows DeSantis is more conservative, competent and accomplished and that is why he refuses to debate him; that is very telling.

That is all.

@libertybele

ROFLMAO!

DeSanctimonious is a surrender monkey,and that is why you  support him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
MAGAs fancy themselves as revolutionaries bringing about a new American Utopia. They are in a “hot  battle.”  Others with a different point of view must get out of the way of the glorious revolution. The problem they have is their General is more often than not, AWOL

They see themselves similar to those that fought at Bunker Hill or Lexington. But they’re  more similar to the Do Lung Bridge scene in the movie “Apocalypse Now.”

If you don’t get the reference, go watch the movie

@LMAO

No matter what else is said about you,no one can deny you have a VERY rich  fantasy life.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

No matter what else is said about you,no one can deny you have a VERY rich  fantasy life.

You should read some of the posts from your ideological compadres here

And General Trump took off lickety split from the "Battle of Saving America" after promising the Jan 6th protestors he would march on the Capitol with them on that fateful day
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:57:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
You are way off base calling another Briefer a 'whiney little bitch' @sneakypete If this attitude continues I will be forced into action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are way off base calling another Briefer a 'whiney little bitch' @sneakypete If this attitude continues I will be forced into action.

@MOD7

I didn't  create him,I just identified him.

Demand he quit throwing cheap shots at me personally,or back off when I respond in kind.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

As MOD7's sponsor I can not confirm nor deny the allegations Made by @corbe or @Hoodat.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

I am a Veteran of the Vietnam War (70~73), USAF, supporting the B52's in Linebacker I and II and I have been reluctant to get involved in this Thread the last two days because I was worried about what my favorite Trumper had twisted himself into @sneakypete 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I added you two to my *Poo* list though.

*Artistic interpretation used

Ohh, I am sure I am on a bunch of government lists, now wondering if I have surpassed that with other entries I didn't even know of... lol...

wink777
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You got any Fireball @corbe ? @MOD7  just pushed me off the wagon.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

OF COURSE, I have Fireball @bigheadfred in the freezer; Singles, 1~2 shotters, but I'm running low on pot. It ain't legal in Texas and I'm OK with that.