Author Topic: Human trafficking is proof that illegal migration is not a victimless crime  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
September 28, 2023
Human trafficking is proof that illegal migration is not a victimless crime
By Jason Hopkins

After the movie “Sound of Freedom” put human trafficking in the spotlight this year, a recent case in central California shows how the Biden administration’s open borders policies have made the problem worse.

While serving a search warrant, Merced County Sheriff’s deputies uncovered thousands of pounds of finished-product marijuana – all of it illegally sourced and processed.

It was one of the largest illegal marijuana processing sites they’ve ever encountered.

The 60 people discovered working on the product were allegedly victims of human trafficking, smuggled across the U.S.- Mexico border and forced to live in squalor while working to pay off their debt to the cartel that snuck them into the U.S.

"The tragedy on this -- besides the illegal growing of it and processing -- is the fact that there are 60 people here that have been promised jobs. Brought across the border on the promise of making money each day,” Sheriff Vern Warnke said of the discovery.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/09/human_trafficking_is_proof_that_illegal_migration_is_not_a_victimless_crime.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson