Author Topic: 2 Central American migrants found dead in Mexico after trying to board a moving train  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2 Central American migrants found dead in Mexico after trying to board a moving train
Associated Press
Wed, September 27, 2023 at 5:52 PM EDT·2 min read

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Two migrants from Honduras and El Salvador died Wednesday trying to board a moving train in the northern Mexican state of Coahuila, authorities said.

Coahuila’s department of public security said the bodies of two male migrants, aged 22 and 23, were found Wednesday morning along the railway tracks near the town of Escobedo, about 150 kilometers (93 miles) from the Texas border.

The deaths are the latest in a string of accidents involving Central and South American migrants traveling north through Mexico on a network of trains known collectively as “The Beast” in a bid to reach the U.S. border.

A sudden surge of migrants last week triggered the closure of one U.S. border crossing and forced Mexico’s largest railroad to suspend dozens of freight trains.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-central-american-migrants-found-215235943.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I worked summers on the RR when I went to undergrad school.  Even when you know how to get on a moving train, it can be dangerous and deadly depending on weather, condition of your boots, spotting stirrups on the cars to see if they are safe, the speed of the train, etc.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson