Author Topic: Axelrod: The Pro-Biden Spin Is Wrong, People Have Poor Views of Bidenomics Because Food, Gas Prices  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axelrod: The Pro-Biden Spin Is Wrong, People Have Poor Views of Bidenomics Because Food, Gas Prices Are ‘Still High’

Ian Hanchett 27 Sep 2023

During CNN’s coverage of Wednesday’s Republican presidential primary debate, CNN Senior Political Commentator and former Obama Adviser David Axelrod said that the reason why people have such negative views of President Joe Biden’s handling of the economy is because “food prices, gas prices are still high, and that’s how people judge the economy. That’s how they live the economy.” And stated that those who claim that the problem is just Biden not selling his achievements enough are wrong.

After listening to an interview with California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), Axelrod stated, “The last question Dana asked is the one that I think a lot of people ask, which is, if the statistics are so positive, why is the President not getting credit for it? I think one of the reasons is, none of the things he mentioned had to do with prices. And, even though inflation has gone down, food prices, gas prices are still high, and that’s how people judge the economy. That’s how they live the economy. They go to the store, they see prices on the cash register. They go to the gas station and they see prices at the pump. And so, it’s — I know this from my own experience, when we were in the Obama administration, we were making real progress on the economy. But if we claimed too much — even if it was backed up by statistics — and people did not feel it, they would turn off. And we had to develop strategies for kind of getting the information out in ways that people were willing to accept. So, I’m not sure that the Governor’s right that it’s just a matter of not claiming these achievements enough. I think it’s also about people’s lived experience.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/27/axelrod-the-pro-biden-spin-is-wrong-people-have-poor-views-of-bidenomics-because-food-gas-prices-are-still-high/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

They haven’t been able to convince people things are going well for the last couple years. It’s doubtful people view of the economy is gonna change by next year.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Every trip to the supermarket and every energy bill is a reminder of how intransitory Biden-flation has been.

Grocery prices, electricity bills, and heating bills don't lie, unlike politicians.

It's the economy, stupid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They haven’t been able to convince people things are going well for the last couple years. It’s doubtful people view of the economy is gonna change by next year.

Insidious and nefarious bourgeoisie capitalist pigs need to be re-educated with the doctrines of the glorious revolution! They do not appreciate what the Great Leader has done for them!
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Insidious and nefarious bourgeoisie capitalist pigs need to be re-educated with the doctrines of the glorious revolution! They do not appreciate what the Great Leader has done for them!

That must explain all the "Biden for re election" commercials I've been seeing lately
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy