Author Topic: Tuberville Says Military Is 'Not an Equal Opportunity Employer'  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tuberville Says Military Is 'Not an Equal Opportunity Employer'
« on: September 28, 2023, 12:00:53 pm »
Tuberville Says Military Is 'Not an Equal Opportunity Employer'

27 Sep 2023
Bloomberg News | By Gregory Korte

WASHINGTON — U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville said he objected to efforts by a top military official to recruit and promote racial minorities in the armed forces, saying equal opportunity threatens military readiness.

“Let me tell you something. Our military is not an equal opportunity employer,” the Alabama Republican said in an interview with Bloomberg Television’s “Balance of Power” Tuesday.

“We’re looking for the best of the best to do whatever. We’re not looking for different groups, social justice groups. We don’t want to single-handedly destroy our military from within,” he said. “We all need to be one. It’s like a football team I coached. You can’t have different groups. Everybody’s got to be together to win. There’s no second place in war.”

Tuberville, the former head football coach at Auburn University, has been at the center of debates over the U.S. armed forces since placing a block on military promotions to protest the Biden administration’s abortion policies.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/09/27/tuberville-says-military-not-equal-opportunity-employer.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Tuberville Says Military Is 'Not an Equal Opportunity Employer'
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:04:51 pm »
He is correct!  I learned my first night in bootcamp that was true.  In response to a question, a drill instructor informed us we were no longer protected by the Constitution, we were protected by the Uniform Code of Military Justice - and there was no justice.  Of course, that was BW (Before Wokeness).
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson