Author Topic: Milley leaves Joint Chiefs with a legacy of controversy, consequence  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Milley leaves Joint Chiefs with a legacy of controversy, consequence
By Leo Shane III and Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Sep 27, 01:10 PM

In the last four years, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley has seen his public persona shift from President Donald Trump’s hand-picked vision of what a military leader should be into public enemy #1 for conservative lawmakers who blame him for eroding military culture and readiness.

Democratic lawmakers have praised his actions during and after the Capitol attack in January 2021 as pivotal to upholding democracy. Trump earlier this month blasted him as a “woke train wreck” and suggested Milley should be prosecuted for treason because of decisions made during his tenure.

The 20th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs leaves behind a complicated legacy that includes the end of the war in Afghanistan, public sparring with the commander-in-chief over the use of troops on U.S. soil, ongoing fights over “woke” policies in the military and unanswered questions on whether the armed forces have become forever politicized by the events of recent years.

This week, as Milley ends his four years as the nation’s top uniformed military leader, critics and supporters are offering their arguments for how his tenure should be remembered by history, and whether he should be lionized or vilified for the work. As it has been throughout his time in the post, those opinions vary wildly.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/09/27/milley-leaves-joint-chiefs-with-a-legacy-of-controversy-consequence/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Milley leaves Joint Chiefs with a legacy of controversy, consequence
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 11:54:19 am »
*SS-WIPE TRAITOR!! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson