Author Topic: Gold Star Families Remembrance Week honors families of fallen heroes  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gold Star Families Remembrance Week honors families of fallen heroes

SEPTEMBER 26, 2023 TIMOTHY FRUDD

U.S. Reps. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash) and Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) introduced a bipartisan resolution to the House of Representatives last week to designate September 24 to September 30, 2023, as “Gold Star Families Remembrance Week.”

“Joining the military is truly a family commitment to our country,” Rodgers said. “Tragically, for some, that commitment includes a loved one making the ultimate sacrifice. As Americans, it’s important that we not only honor the lives of those who gave their last breath for our freedom, but also remember the pain and heartache of the loved ones they left behind. I’m proud to help introduce this resolution to recognize Gold Star Families and ensure they have the unwavering support of an eternally grateful nation.”

In a post on X regarding the introduction of the Gold Star Families Remembrance Week Resolution, Newhouse said U.S. military members and their families have “sacrificed so much for our country.” He urged that the United States not only owes an “enormous debt” to the country’s fallen heroes but also to the families of those who have died in service to the Nation.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/09/gold-star-families-remembrance-week-honors-families-of-fallen-heroes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gold Star Families Remembrance Week honors families of fallen heroes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 11:41:48 am »
There doesn't seem to be any appreciation or interest in this from the medium.  If the story were about Zimbabwe gold-star families, it would be all over the news.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson