Author Topic: America Needs a National Maritime Strategy  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America Needs a National Maritime Strategy
« on: September 28, 2023, 11:34:43 am »
America Needs a National Maritime Strategy
By Mike Waltz
September 27, 2023

America doesn't have enough ships and building more takes far too long.

A war with any level of attrition in the Pacific could quickly turn catastrophic without sufficient warships, combat logistics vessels, and merchant ships. Outnumbered and without the capacity to replace, refuel, and provision our troops, we would struggle to deliver victory.

This precarious situation carries significant implications for our economy, national security, and international standing. Consequently, America must act now, before it is too late, to set a new maritime trajectory by building a coherent national maritime strategy.

Chinese Communist Party leaders are students of history, and they recognize America’s arsenal of democracy all but ensured America's triumph in the Pacific in World War II. Overwhelming numerical force, new ships, and maritime shipping secured our victory.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/09/27/america_needs_a_national_maritime_strategy_982193.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: America Needs a National Maritime Strategy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 11:35:54 am »
Replacing woke four-stars with military four-stars would be a good start! :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson