Author Topic: 'No Concessions Were Made': North Korea 'Expels' U.S. Soldier Travis King for 'Illegal Intrusion' In  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'No Concessions Were Made': North Korea 'Expels' U.S. Soldier Travis King for 'Illegal Intrusion' Into DPRK
Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Sep. 27, 2023

North Korea announced on Wednesday that they were "expelling" US soldier Travis King for "illegally intruding" into their country in what may be the lowest stakes negotiation in American history.

Additionally, it turns out King was jailed for assaulting two people in South Korea and was scheduled to be brought back to the US for "disciplinary proceedings" before he crossed into North Korea to claim asylum from "racism."

From CBS News, "Travis King, the U.S. soldier who crossed South Korea's border into North Korea, is back in U.S. custody":

Travis King, the young American soldier who crossed the border on foot from South Korea into North Korea in July, was back in U.S. custody Wednesday, U.S. officials confirmed. North Korea announced earlier Wednesday that it would expel King, with the totalitarian state's tightly-controlled media saying he had confessed to entering the country illegally.

King was first sent across North Korea's border into China, where he was transferred to U.S. custody. U.S. officials said there were no concessions made by Washington to secure King's release.

[...] King appeared to be in "good health and good spirits as he makes his way home," a U.S. official said, adding that he was also "very happy" to be coming back.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63995
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
From CBS News, "Travis King, the U.S. soldier who crossed South Korea's border into North Korea, is back in U.S. custody":

If he had gone into N. Korea to rescue a fellow soldier, this would have read: "Travis King, the U.S.  BLACK soldier who crossed South Korea's border into North Korea, is back in U.S. custody."  But because what he did wasn't honorable, the author chose to bypass that bit of information.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson