Author Topic: GOP Donors Taking Fresh Look at Nikki Haley as Best Alternative to Trump  (Read 632 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Donors Taking Fresh Look at Nikki Haley as Best Alternative to Trump
By Jeff Charles | 2:00 PM on September 27, 2023

In a slightly surprising turn of events, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley might be emerging as a significant contender in the Republican presidential primaries. In recent weeks, her profile has begun to rise as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, once seen as the most formidable threat to former President Donald Trump, has been experiencing some serious challenges.

Haley’s performance in the first Republican primary debate has piqued the interest of key GOP donors, some of whom are considering backing her as a viable alternative to the former president, who remains in the lead by a healthy margin.

Republican presidential hopeful Nikki Haley appears to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' faltering campaign, with more donors saying they are looking more closely at her candidacy as an alternative to frontrunner Donald Trump.

Reuters spoke to four donors and one source close to a major donor who were impressed by the former South Carolina governor and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in the first Republican presidential debate in August and said they were keen to donate should she continue to strengthen as a candidate.

They will be watching to see how she does at the second debate in California on Wednesday night among those vying to win the party's nomination to run for president in the 2024 election.

DeSantis, once seen as the most formidable challenger to former President Trump, has struggled to catch fire amid missteps and relentless Trump attacks on his candidacy. Despite his campaign's struggles he has retained the support of some major donors.

more
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/09/27/gop-donors-taking-fresh-look-at-nikki-haley-as-best-alternative-to-trump-n2164374
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: GOP Donors Taking Fresh Look at Nikki Haley as Best Alternative to Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 08:23:11 pm »
And now we've reached the Newt Gingrich phase of the election cycle.

Wake me for the convention when we get stuck with Trump again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 08:49:37 pm »
I wouldn't give this bitch a dollar at gunpoint.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 08:52:28 pm »
This actually makes sense.

Despite claims by Trump supporters that DeSantis is a Jeb Bush Republican, DeSantis is really the conservative alternative to Trump.  He'd be the most conservative President since Reagan.

Haley is actually the Establishment/Yeb alternative to Trump.  Since Trump's supporters look to be staying with him at least for now, it makes sense that Haley would emerge as the most electable, moderate alternative.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 08:56:18 pm »
I wouldn't give this bitch a dollar at gunpoint.

@catfish1957

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVzdUczMT0

LOL!  You made me think of this...  CLASSIC! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 08:57:42 pm »
And now we've reached the Newt Gingrich phase of the election cycle.

Wake me for the convention when we get stuck with Trump again.

Aww....I don't think so .... he's not going to be the nominee....just not going to happen @jmyrlefuller  He has too many strikes against him; and they still have almost a year to ensure that he can't run again.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 09:00:44 pm »
Since Trump is ensuring that he'll take DeSantis down, I believe that Haley will be the nominee. Then you'll see Biden step down and they'll find an excuse for Chuckles to step down.  They'll either have Michael or Jarrett. Haley won't be able to beat that ticket.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 09:04:40 pm »
   She's a trailblazer all right.  She was removing monuments before it became kewl to remove monuments.

:3:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 09:05:37 pm »
Nikki is saying all the right things in her TV ads playing in the Boston/southern New Hamsphire media market.

I'm afraid she'll be another conservative in name only, like Bush '43.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 09:08:20 pm »
Nikki is saying all the right things in her TV ads playing in the Boston/southern New Hamsphire media market.

For that matter, they're all saying what we want to hear -- the ONLY one that has walked his walked instead of talking is DeSantis.  It is unfortunate that more people don't realize his conservatism.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 09:39:53 pm »

As soon as they call her a racist she'll fold.

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 09:54:29 pm »
Since Trump is ensuring that he'll take DeSantis down, I believe that Haley will be the nominee. Then you'll see Biden step down and they'll find an excuse for Chuckles to step down.  They'll either have Michael or Jarrett. Haley won't be able to beat that ticket.

Frankly, if they run Michael (and I'm not convinced they won't) nobody we have will beat her. The best we have is a possibility of maintaining the HOR. And that's a slim possibility.

I'm not sure about Jarrett having the appeal.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2023, 09:56:02 pm »

Frankly, if they run Michael (and I'm not convinced they won't) nobody we have will beat her. The best we have is a possibility of maintaining the HOR. And that's a slim possibility.

I'm not sure about Jarrett having the appeal.

I don't think she'll even get that far.  Many conservatives like myself despise her.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 09:59:00 pm »
For that matter, they're all saying what we want to hear -- the ONLY one that has walked his walked instead of talking is DeSantis.  It is unfortunate that more people don't realize his conservatism.

*FACT*

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023, 10:01:29 pm »
*FACT*

Yep.  Sometimes the electorate doesn't like to be given bad medicine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023, 10:01:34 pm »
aaaand... Just like that, the Moderate choice, the obvious "Jeb" becomes recommended. BAH! 🤬

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:20 pm »
aaaand... Just like that, the Moderate choice, the obvious "Jeb" becomes recommended. BAH! 🤬

One of my biggest political regrets is getting duped by the Bush's thinking they were a continuation of the Reagan Doctrine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:21 pm »
Yep.  Sometimes the electorate doesn't like to be given bad medicine.

You can buy em books and buy em books, but what do they do... ??  9999hair out0000

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 10:04:35 pm »
One of my biggest political regrets is getting duped by the Bush's thinking they were a continuation of the Reagan Doctrine.

Nah... They just claimed to be...

Offline berdie

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 10:12:15 pm »
I don't think she'll even get that far.  Many conservatives like myself despise her.

True...but how many conservatives would be voting for Michelle or Jarrett any way? :shrug:

I just realized you are probably talking about Nikki?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 10:13:33 pm by berdie »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2023, 10:47:50 pm »
"GOP Donors Taking Fresh Look at Nikki Haley as Best Alternative to Trump"

The "GOP Donors" do not represent the rank-and-file Republican base of the country.
They represent ... "the GOP Donors". And the elite establishment around them.

Ron DeSantis did a belly-flop in front of them.
So... time to move to "the next available body".

Ms. Haley ??
No, no, no, Nikki.... NO...!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2023, 11:29:21 pm »
It is unfortunate that more people don't realize his conservatism.

It's unfortunate that Trump zealots abhor Conservatism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-