Author Topic: Navy warship commissioned in 2017 going out of service on Friday in Buffalo  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy warship commissioned in 2017 going out of service on Friday in Buffalo
Buffalo Naval Park officials and the commissioning committee will attend the decommissioning ceremony at a Florida Navy base.

Author: Ron Plants
Published: 10:48 PM EDT September 26, 2023
Updated: 10:49 PM EDT September 26, 2023

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Buffalo was actually the site of US Navy history back on December 16, 2017, as for the first time ever a Navy ship was commissioned in a ceremony and put in service right next to its namesake - the former Navy cruiser Little Rock which is now that big museum ship berthed at the Buffalo Naval and Military Park.

The history for that relatively new version of a Navy ship with that dame name is unfortunately short-lived.

It was the Navy's traditional and ceremonial start of service on that cold, snowy December day in Buffalo as the crew did run up the gangplanks to "man the ship" and thus begin USS Little Rock Littoral Combat Combat Ship  # 9's Naval service.

We showed you back then how the ship was actually built at a Wisconsin shipyard at a cost of over $350 Million dollars. There were even shipboard tours to help explain its new technology and potential missions of everything from special operations with Navy Seals and offshore support of landed troops to anti-submarine warfare.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/350-million-navy-warship-commissioned-in-2017-going-out-of-service-on-friday-history/71-da640f9b-69ab-4a7e-b155-8cec701a82cc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy warship commissioned in 2017 going out of service on Friday in Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 05:42:52 pm »
There are currently ships that have been under repair longer than this ship was commissioned. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson