Author Topic: Record number of migrant buses arrive in Chicago in single weekend  (Read 283 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record number of migrant buses arrive in Chicago in single weekend
« on: September 27, 2023, 12:16:15 pm »
Record number of migrant buses arrive in Chicago in single weekend
Story by Courtney Spinelli •
19h

CHICAGO — As the city works to keep up with new migrant arrivals, a record number of buses in a two-day period, arrived in Chicago over the weekend.

Between Saturday and Sunday, the city received 12 total buses, including seven on Sunday alone.

“On top of the 12, we had 16 buses earlier in the week, so a total of 28 buses and 24 flights at O’Hare because we get two flights from San Antonio daily,” said Cristina Pacione-Zayas, Mayor Brandon Johnson’s first deputy chief of staff.

“As you can tell, there is a significant increase, and we actually got word that the border was not going to be closed on Sunday and that’s why we were going to have some additional buses coming,” Pacione-Zayas said. “This is definitely a different phase, a different level of intensity with respect to the frequency of buses and how many buses are coming in multiples, coupled with the flights.”

New data shows since the end of Aug. 2022, more than 15,000 migrants have arrived in the city. As of Monday, 8,936 migrants remained in city shelters, while another 2,011 migrants awaited placement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/record-number-of-migrant-buses-arrive-in-chicago-in-single-weekend/ar-AA1hijUQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1c3b859025648d099c845ae770e3031&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Record number of migrant buses arrive in Chicago in single weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 12:21:26 pm »
Thank goodness for empathetic cities like Chicago that want to provide housing, healthcare, food, education, transportation, and provide for every need of the climate refugees, terrorists, felons, spies, and degenerates from the whole world. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson