Author Topic: Former Defense secretary: There’s ‘legitimate fear’ Trump will retaliate if reelected  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former Defense secretary: There’s ‘legitimate fear’ Trump will retaliate if reelected
by Tara Suter - 09/26/23 9:33 AM ET

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Monday that he thinks concerns about former President Trump seeking retaliation on officials — such as outgoing Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley — are “legitimate.”

“Look, I think it’s a legitimate fear,” Esper told CNN anchor Kaitlan Collins. “If you recall from my memoir … I cite a circumstance where [Trump], egged on by his close advisers, wanted to call back to active duty Adm. McRaven and Gen. McChrystal, to court-martial them, for some things that they allegedly said in in the public domain, and Milley and I had to talk the president out of doing that, for any number of reasons.”

“The president has also said that a second term would be about retribution, right? So, I think these are all legitimate concerns,” he later added.

Trump made comments last week accusing Milley of a “treasonous act” in which he “was actually dealing with China to give them a heads up on the thinking of the President of the United States.” The former president’s remarks seem to reference calls made by Milley to China for reassurance at the end of Trump’s term.

“This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4223028-former-defense-secretary-legitimate-fear-trump-will-retaliate-if-reelected/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

I do think of Trump presidency is going to be based on retaliation and retribution.

For those who think that that’s a plus, keep in mind that should he win an election, he’s only gonna be there for four years
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I do think of Trump presidency is going to be based on retaliation and retribution.

For those who think that that’s a plus, keep in mind that should he win an election, he’s only gonna be there for four years

You don't think those things warranted given what he has been forced to endure? If so, we are in strong disagreement.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

You don't think those things warranted given what he has been forced to endure? If so, we are in strong disagreement.

You don’t use the office of presidency to get back at your political enemies.

I don’t care whether Biden does it, or Trump. People do not elect presidents to get back at others.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

“This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

See, just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You don’t use the office of presidency to get back at your political enemies.

I don’t care whether Biden does it, or Trump. People do not elect presidents to get back at others.

That will come as news to most of the men who have ever served in that office.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
And Milley is a piece of shit of course.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Especially when he is 100% wrong.  The Constitution itself states that "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."  We were not at war with China, or even engaged in military hostilities at all, when Milley took those actions.  Therefore, it isn't Treason. 

Then again, having even a basic understanding of the Constitution he swore to defend has never been one of Trump's strong suits.  We'd likely end up with  Trump demanding that people within his Administration arrest Milley for Treason.  When they tell them "no, we can't do that", he'd probably call them traitors and try to have them arrested too.

He is an ignorant fool.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 08:33:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

Trump's mouth loves to start fights that his mind simply cannot win.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He's not going to let himself be reflected because that would mean term limits kick in and he becomes irrelevant, his biggest fear.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024