Author Topic: Prepare for more inflation  (Read 176 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prepare for more inflation
« on: September 26, 2023, 03:03:57 pm »
September 26, 2023
Prepare for more inflation
By Blaine L. Pardoe

Having worked in the auto industry in several capacities during my IT career, I came to know the UAW rather well. I trained GM UAW workers on robotics and basic computer operations, and worked with the UAW at both Chrysler and Ford. So when the strike came down and the mainstream media reported it, I rolled my eyes at the distortions that were presented to the public.

Their opening demands were ridiculous -- asking for more than a 40% wage increase, a return of pensions, and a reduced work week. Some of what was presented was true -- the union members did not have a cost-of-living increase since their last contract, but that was because they didn’t negotiate to have one. They wailed that the auto companies were rolling in money, money that they felt they deserved.

Then came Joe Biden, Union Joe, jumping in on the side of the UAW. He bemoaned the auto companies making record profits that the employees deserved. To an extent, he may be right. When companies do better, they should share some of that success with the employees. But Biden’s attempt to secure union votes by backing the strike is counter to the overall national good. No one could ever accuse the president of long-term thinking. The sad part is, the UAW was likely to back Biden regardless of what he said about the strike. His involvement was not necessary.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/09/prepare_for_more_inflation.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34