Author Topic: Even Bill Gates is backtracking — the air’s gone out of the climate-crisis balloon  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Even Bill Gates is backtracking — the air’s gone out of the climate-crisis balloon
Opinion by Glenn H. Reynolds

13h

Has the air gone out of the “climate crisis” balloon?

It’s starting to look like it. Some other causes du jour are looking limp lately, too.

Oh, hysteria is still out there. In Boston this month, I passed a church whose door bore a lurid poster reading “DUE TO GLOBAL CLIMATE CRISIS, WORSHIP IN SANCTUARY 9-17-23 CANCELED.”

If it were really a global crisis, wouldn’t you want to be praying?

I first thought it was referring to Hurricane Lee, which had been predicted to bring apocalyptic storm conditions to Beantown.

Lee, though, veered out to sea, and that Sunday was sunny, warm and delightful.

(While the soldiers of God had fled the scene in advance, the armies of Mammon were out in force on the Boston Common, in the form of a massive cannabis fair. Say what you will about the stoners, they’re not prone to panic or overthinking.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/even-bill-gates-is-backtracking-the-air-s-gone-out-of-the-climate-crisis-balloon/ar-AA1hfCON?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8659a486d93e4e01bcd48a373854be6d&ei=7
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson