Author Topic: Ibram Kendi and the implosion of DEI in higher education  (Read 264 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ibram Kendi and the implosion of DEI in higher education
« on: September 26, 2023, 12:36:36 pm »
Ibram Kendi and the implosion of DEI in higher education

Boston University’s Center for Antiracist Research, headed by critical race theory activist Ibram X. Kendi, revealed last week that it was laying off about 40% of its staff as part of organization restructuring. About 15 to 20 of its approximately 45 employees were let go. Testimonies from former employees have exposed alleged mismanagement of Kendi’s center, which in turn has exposed the fraudulence and fragility of the diversity, equity, and inclusion complex.

Disgruntled former employees have accused Kendi of mishandling grant funding, failing to complete major projects, and fostering an exploitative company culture in which he ruled with an iron fist yet was routinely missing in action. The center has raked in $43 million since its inception, according to 2021 budget records obtained by the Daily Free Press. It received corporate support from Peloton, Deloitte, Stop & Shop, TJX Companies, and Deckers Outdoor Corporation, according to a 2020–2021 donor report. Only six weeks after its launch, then-CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey gifted $10 million without conditions.

“Your $10M donation, with no strings attached, gives us the resources and flexibility to greatly expand our antiracist work,” Kendi posted at the time. “The endowment is vital, as we build our new Center.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ibram-kendi-and-the-implosion-of-dei-in-higher-education/ar-AA1hh0ye?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0d15640c05214412a899902dc45482c6&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ibram Kendi and the implosion of DEI in higher education
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 12:48:33 pm »
He's an old-fashioned race-grifter.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 04:58:32 pm »
DEI, like the previous euphemistic name CRT, is probably like a hydra. Cut off one or two of the snake's heads and one or two new ones will grow back.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 05:11:26 pm »
DEI, like the previous euphemistic name CRT, is probably like a hydra. Cut off one or two of the snake's heads and one or two new ones will grow back.

Though with the recent Supreme Court decision, it's going to be easier to apply torches to those head stumps so they don't grow back.