Author Topic: Man Returns to Find Apartment Stripped Bare - Management Cleared Out Wrong Unit, But Is Now Evicting  (Read 309 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man Returns to Find Apartment Stripped Bare - Management Cleared Out Wrong Unit, But Is Now Evicting the Victim
Peter Partoll, The Western Journal   By Peter Partoll, The Western Journal
Published September 25, 2023 at 9:00am

A Texas property manager trying to evict a tenant accidentally emptied the wrong apartment, but then things took a rather interesting turn.

According to KDFW-TV, a Dallas man named Johnny Abney returned home from work one day in July to find the door to his apartment at The Hamilton unlocked and the contents cleared out and thrown in a dumpster

They had been cleared out by the management of the high-end apartment complex The Hamilton, who had taken the contents out of Abney’s apartment by mistake. They had intended to empty the apartment next door to evict that tenant.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/property-manager-distraught-clearing-wrong-mans-apartment-tone-changes-realize
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

I don't have a problem with the eviction.  But they do owe him for his stuff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-