Author Topic: Bob Menendez to announce re-election bid in New Jersey during 1st public appearance post-indictment:  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Menendez to announce re-election bid in New Jersey during 1st public appearance post-indictment: report
Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., reportedly could run outside the Democratic Party in 2024
 By Danielle Wallace Fox News
Published September 25, 2023 6:52am EDT | Updated September 25, 2023 8:58am EDT

Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., is reportedly to announce his 2024 re-election bid during a press conference Monday expected to be his first public appearance since his latest indictment.

Menendez has planned a press conference in Hudson County, where he grew up and launched his political career as a 20-year-old school board member.

Fox News learned Menendez, who's served in the U.S. Senate since 2006, will deliver remarks at 11:30 a.m. ET at Hudson County Community College in Union City.

During that event, he is expected to announce his 2024 re-election bid – and that could mean running outside the Democratic Party, The New Jersey Globe reported.

The newspaper first reported Menendez would hold a press conference Monday but initially said the venue had yet to be confirmed.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bob-menendez-announce-re-election-bid-new-jersey-1st-public-appearance-post-indictment-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Embattled Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey is expected to defiantly announce Monday that he will seek re-election — less than a week after being indicted on explosive corruption charges.

The 69-year-old Democrat issued a statement Friday, the day of his Manhattan federal indictment, insisting, “I’m not going anywhere” — despite widespread calls including from top officials in his own party to resign.

Monday’s expected press conference would be his first in-person appearance since he and his wife were charged with taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes in the form of gold bars, a Mercedes-Benz convertible, cash and even exercise machines and an air purifier.

Menendez is expected to announce his plans to run for office again in 2024 — even if he needs to run outside the Democratic Party, according to the New Jersey Globe.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/24/nj-sen-bob-menendez-expected-to-announce-re-election-bid-at-monday-presser-days-after-bribery-charges/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He did not say he would seek re-election or change Parties during the presser
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sen. Bob Menendez indictment live updates: Cash in the jackets was from my savings account, he announces
By New York Post   
Updated Sep. 25, 2023, 11:56 a.m. ET

New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez has been hit with federal corruption charges related to a years-long scheme in which he allegedly accepted bribes – including gold bars – in exchange for helping three businessmen and the country of Egypt, officials announced Friday.

The Democrat, 69 — and his wife Nadine Menendez — were charged with taking hundreds of thousands worth in bribes, according to a Manhattan federal indictment.

Menendez not resigning, calls on critics to 'pause' for facts to come out
By Samuel Chamberlain

Somewhat surprisingly, Menendez did not give any indication of whether he would run for re-election next year (though he did say he would not resign, despite calls for him to do so from Gov. Phil Murphy and others).

"Instead of waiting for all the facts to be presented, others have rushed to judgement because they see a political opportunity for themselves or those around them," he said.

12 minutes ago
Menendez: Cash in the jackets was from my savings account
By Samuel Chamberlain

Sen. Bob Menendez has just given a lengthy statement in English and Spanish from his longtime political stomping ground of Union City, NJ.

In addition to denying the charges, the 69-year-old tried to explain the cash that was found when federal agents searched his home earlier this year.

"For 30 years, I have withdrawn thousands of dollars in cash from my personal savings account, which I have kept for emergencies and because of the history of my family facing confiscation in Cuba," he says. "This may seem old-fashioned, but these were monies drawn from my personal savings account based on the income that I have lawfully derived over those 30 years."

more
https://nypost.com/2023/09/22/bob-menendez-live-updates/
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He did not say he would seek re-election or change Parties during the presser

Thank you @mystery-ak

I posted an earlier story before the presser so it was speculation and guesses. My bad.
Thank you for posting the updated story. Seriously, this story keeps changing I can't keep up with it!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Thank you @mystery-ak

I posted an earlier story before the presser so it was speculation and guesses. My bad.
Thank you for posting the updated story. Seriously, this story keeps changing I can't keep up with it!!!

That's what Fox was reporting at the time..no apology necessary...
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm not saying Bob is crooked, but that boy could hide behind a cork screw.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"NJ Sen. Bob Menendez expected to announce re-election bid at Monday presser — days after bribery charges"

OK, folks, ridicule him all you want, but if he decides to run again...
...That's what I call "chutzpah" !
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 11:33:22 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's got a point.  I mean, endemic corruption and lining one's pockets seems like it should be a requirement for those who want to represent New Jersey.