Author Topic: Nikki Haley rolls out economic plan to undo Bidenomics, slash government  (Read 726 times)

Offline Kamaji

Nikki Haley rolls out economic plan to undo Bidenomics, slash government

By Ryan King
Published Sep. 22, 2023

Presidential hopeful Nikki Haley — aiming to rip apart President Biden’s marquee economic achievements and usher in a new era of government-slashing — is rolling out her economic agenda Friday.

Dubbing it the “Freedom Plan,” Haley, during a speech in New Hampshire, intends to call for less middle-class taxes, government spending, deficits, and federal government in general.

In advance of the policy unveiling, the former South Carolina governor and US ambassador to the United Nations teased plans to eliminate the federal gas tax, which can rake in somewhere around $40 billion annually of the over-$6 trillion budget, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

“It’s a small portion of what actually goes to pave roads and of that portion, a lot of it goes to bike trails and hiking trails and things like that. The Highway Trust Fund hasn’t been solvent in years,” Haley previewed on Fox Business this week.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/22/nikki-haley-rolls-out-economic-plan-to-undo-bidenomics-slash-government/

Offline LMAO

Re: Nikki Haley rolls out economic plan to undo Bidenomics, slash government
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 06:34:20 pm »
Well, at least she’s differentiating herself from Trump who wants to grow spending and government
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 06:39:28 pm »
She's not my first choice, but she's still light-years ahead of Biden or Trump. And she would be a very strong candidate in the general election.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 07:00:39 pm »
She's not my first choice, but she's still light-years ahead of Biden or Trump. And she would be a very strong candidate in the general election.

Not from my perspective, which i have discussed much at length earlier.

She'll bow down to woke forces just like she did as Guv of SC.  No thanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 07:30:30 pm »

Out of all the current candidates, she isn't my first choice either, but I think there is a very strong possibility that she will be the GOP nominee.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 08:09:35 pm »
She's saying the things she thinks we want to hear.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 08:11:46 pm »

Same as Ramsy.  Only difference is, she has a voting record that can be checked, a background that can be researched and foreign policy experience.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 09:39:14 pm »

:amen: I'll never vote for her for anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 10:23:22 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"I'll never vote for her for anything."

Agreed.
No, no, no, Nikki... NO!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 10:42:40 pm »
Sadly and very unfortunately,  DeSantis' campaign isn't doing too well (at least that's what's being reported) and I foresee Haley as the likely nominee.  Obviously things could change.  One candidate that absolutely makes me shudder is Ramsy; he'd be an absolute disaster.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/22/desantis-florida-republicans-governor-elections-00117514

https://newrepublic.com/post/175710/now-pretty-much-everyone-hates-ron-desantis-now

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2023, 07:36:23 pm »

That’s why I look at a candidates record. The Republican candidate, whose name I can never pronounce, has no record. As a result, he’s off my list despite the fact that he may be saying the right things
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:42:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2023, 08:06:39 pm »
:amen: I'll never vote for her for anything.

Yep. NOPE.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 08:12:45 pm »
That’s why I look at a candidates record. The Republican candidate, whose name I can never pronounce, has no record. As a result, he’s off my list despite the fact that he may be saying the right things

Ditto.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2023, 09:25:52 pm »
I'll support anyone who cuts government spending.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-