Author Topic: Unique Chevy Suburban Command Vehicle Delivered To Military  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unique Chevy Suburban Command Vehicle Delivered To Military
« on: September 24, 2023, 05:09:38 pm »
Unique Chevy Suburban Command Vehicle Delivered To Military
A new custom command SUV looks set to aid a U.S. task force that responds to domestic nuclear, chemical, and biological incidents.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED SEP 23, 2023 3:16 PM EDT

A highly customized stretched Chevy Suburban mobile command vehicle was recently delivered to U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM). The modified sport utility vehicle features a robust and secure communications suite. It looks set to join a U.S. military task force that is primarily on call to help respond to domestic nuclear, chemical, and biological attacks and other incidents.

Accelerated Media Technologies (AMT) issued a statement earlier this month about the delivery and provided additional details about the "mobile command center" vehicle for U.S. Northern Command. The Auburn, Massachusetts-based company offers a variety of customized SUVs and trucks intended for military forces and law enforcement agencies, as well as mobile television broadcast vehicles.

"The physical shell of the vehicle was built by AMT’s master craftsman and stretched 20” to make the custom workspace" and it has been "relined using an entirely new interior, carpets, leather interior, [and] custom work-space," the company's statement added. AMT does not mention any armoring or other additional protective features being added to this particular SUV.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/unique-chevy-suburban-command-vehicle-delivered-to-military
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 05:10:46 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Unique Chevy Suburban Command Vehicle Delivered To Military
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 05:11:45 pm »
They should have made it look more like a hearse so it couldn't be so easily spotted!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Unique Chevy Suburban Command Vehicle Delivered To Military
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 05:14:54 pm »
They should have made it look more like a hearse so it couldn't be so easily spotted!
Probably just me, but when they came out with the new Suburban design every time I see a black one the first thing that comes to mind is mortuary :shrug: