Author Topic: Trump rejects 6-week abortion ban, says pro-lifers had ‘absolutely zero status’ until he came along  (Read 737 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump rejects 6-week abortion ban, says pro-lifers had ‘absolutely zero status’ until he came along
September 24, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

Former President Donald Trump further cemented a moderate stance on the sanctity of life with a slam on “absolutely zero status” of the pro-life movement prior to his administration.

“Before our victory, they had nothing, and they will have nothing again…”

Famous for “The Art of the Deal,” the president’s stance in opposition to heartbeat bills, dubbed a “terrible thing” in a recent interview, carried with it all the hallmarks of Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

With setting the stage for the overturning of Roe v. Wade viewed by many as the greatest legacy of the his administration, Trump took to Truth Social Saturday night simultaneously taking credit for the achievement and bashing the outcome.

“Pro lifers had absolutely zero status on the subject of abortion until I came along. For 52 years everyone ‘talked,’ but got nothing. I GOT IT DONE! There would be no talk of a six week ban, or anything else, without me. Roe v. Wade allowed the killing of a baby at any time, including the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th month, and even after birth,” he began.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/09/24/trump-rejects-6-week-abortion-ban-says-pro-lifers-had-absolutely-zero-status-until-he-came-along-1398626/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

So Trump doesn't want us voting for him.  Got it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So Trump doesn't want us voting for him.  Got it.

LOL!  Spend months here bragging how you're not going to give him your vote.

You're a fun guy!   Or, is that fungi?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

Two things:

This is where Trump is wrong: The 'Pro-life' movement had status before Trump was in office.
This is where Trump is right: I have to agree with Trump on that a 6-week abortion ban is wrong

However, it should be a state issue.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

This is where Trump is right: I have to agree with Trump on that a 6-week abortion ban is wrong

If it is a State issue, then Trump needs to have a coke and a smile and STFU.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

LOL!  Spend months here bragging how you're not going to give him your vote.

And now you see why.  Trump takes 100% credit for Dobbs, and then pledges to circumvent it by overriding the abortion laws that States like mine chose to have.  You don't see a contradiction here?  The false premise here is that Trump supports Dobbs.  He doesn't.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And now you see why.  Trump takes 100% credit for Dobbs, and then pledges to circumvent it by overriding the abortion laws that States like mine chose to have.  You don't see a contradiction here?  The false premise here is that Trump supports Dobbs.  He doesn't.

The false premise here is that Donald Trump is Pro-Choice.

We watched for 50 years the SCOTUS ruling not be challenged.  It was President Trump's SCOTUS who repealed Roe v Wade.

You place blame on him for all the spending...you give him the credit when he occupied the Oval Office when Roe v Wade fell back to the States.

Stop your nonsense and use your scroll bar once in a while.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

Trump supports 'choice' [sic] at six weeks.  That's being Pro-Choice.

You place blame on him for all the spending...you give him the credit when he occupied the Oval Office when Roe v Wade fell back to the States.

I give him credit for yielding to the Federalist Society when it came to Supreme Court nominees.  It is a pattern with Trump to cede all of his decision making to entities that he knows little about.  At least with the Federalist Society, he lucked out.  So yes, I applaud Trump for Gorsuch and Barrett.  But keep in mind that it was the Great State of Mississippi that made this happen.  And now  Trump wants to take that victory away by imposing a federal law that will override the will of the people of Mississippi.

Online roamer_1

By his own words he is pro-choice, @DCPatriot .

We watched for 50 years the SCOTUS ruling not be challenged.  It was President Trump's SCOTUS who repealed Roe v Wade.

And now he is speaking AGAINST IT.

I did exactly that... The single thing he did that had a lasting mark... And he noiw, out of his own mouth, wants to overturn it...

BASHING CHRISTIANS as he does.

Tumpy has jumped the shark.

Offline cato potatoe

Again, the reversal of Roe v. Wade is pointless if Trump is just going to nullify the state laws.  17 states have meaningful restrictions on abortion.  Trump named an opening offer of 15 weeks, which is when less than 6% of abortions take place.  The democrats will insist on something like 24 weeks, and that may prevent 1% of abortions.   Donald's stance on late term abortion is largely irrelevant --- he is NOT pro-life.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:02:25 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Again, the reversal of Roe v. Wade is pointless if Trump is just going to nullify the state laws.  17 states have meaningful restrictions on abortion.  Trump named an opening offer of 15 weeks, which is when less than 6% of abortions take place.  The democrats will insist on something like 24 weeks, and that may prevent 1% of abortions.   Donald's stance on late term abortion is largely irrelevant --- he is NOT pro-life.

I think Trump's reversal on this is going to cost him the nomination and if he does become the nominee, it will cost him the general. I for one am tired of his backpedaling; something that he often does.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

Two things:

This is where Trump is wrong: The 'Pro-life' movement had status before Trump was in office.

Agree with all the above
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

Populist blow with the wind...

Online roamer_1

Offline Hoodat

I for one am tired of his backpedaling; something that he often does.

It's not backpedaling if he never pedaled forward to begin with.

Offline Hoodat

Yet by his comments, it is clear that he does not support this decision.  Roe blocked States from regulating abortion before a certain time period.  Donald Trump is advocating the exact same thing.