Author Topic: Christie: When I Win New Hampshire, Trump’s ‘Sense of Inevitability Will Go Away’  (Read 322 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Christie: When I Win New Hampshire, Trump’s ‘Sense of Inevitability Will Go Away’

Pam Key 24 Sep 2023

Former Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ), a candidate for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he plans to beat former President Donald Trump in the New Hampshire presidential primary and take away “his sense of inevitability.”

Anchor Kristen Welker said, “Former President Trump is solidifying his lead with GOP primary voters. You’ve been in this race since June. Governor, why aren’t you gaining more traction?”

Christie said, “Look, I know you spent a whole lot of money on national polls, so I don’t mean to go after the polling folks, but the fact is that national polls don’t matter. We don’t have a national primary. If you look at Donald Trump in the latest polls in both Iowa and New Hampshire, the two earliest states, he is barely at 40 in Iowa, and he is under 40 at 34 to 38 in New Hampshire.”

He continued, “That means that between 60 to 65% of the voters in those two very important early states want an alternative. In places like New Hampshire, I’m in second place behind Donald Trump. So, you know, this whole race will change when people actually vote. No offense to any poll that comes out now, but if it’s a national poll if we don’t have a national primary.”

Christie added, “The whole race will change when Iowa happens, and the race will change in New Hampshire, and I’m telling you that if I beat Donald Trump in New Hampshire, and I plan to do so, that his sense of invincibility and his sense of inevitability will go away. There are a lot of Republicans in those numbers, even in your national numbers, who will be with Donald Trump just because they think he really is the only alternative to Joe Biden. When I beat him in New Hampshire, folks will not he’s not the only alternative to Joe Biden.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/24/christie-when-i-win-new-hampshire-trumps-sense-of-inevitability-will-go-away/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Somehow, I don’t believe Krispy Kreme is going to win a single state.

(I use that derogatory term since I am just Joe Schmoe, not a major candidate against Krispy.)
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Christie is right in a sense about Trump's lack of majority support in those early states.  The problem is that all the other candidates are going to split the anti-Trump vote in those early states, so Trump is likely to win.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When...
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

If anyone other than Trump wins NH, the GOP Establishment will kick it into high gear to make sure that doesn't get repeated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-