Author Topic: WaPo/ABC Poll: Trump Takes Commanding 10-Point Lead over Biden  (Read 1015 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo/ABC Poll: Trump Takes Commanding 10-Point Lead over Biden
« on: September 24, 2023, 12:59:39 pm »
WaPo/ABC Poll: Trump Takes Commanding 10-Point Lead over Biden

Simon Kent 24 Sep 2023

President Joe Biden is struggling to connect with Americans across a variety of critical issues as former President Donald Trump enjoys a commanding 10-point lead over his anticipated rival for the White House in 2024, polling released Sunday shows.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals Democrat Biden lacking engagement with a skeptical public, with dissatisfaction growing over his handling of the economy and immigration, a rising share saying the U.S. is doing too much to aid Ukraine in its war with Russia and broad concerns about his age as he seeks a second term.

Overall Biden’s job approval rating is sunk 19 points underwater while his ratings for handling the economy and immigration stand at career lows.

The numbers also show Biden trailing his ascendant Republican predecessor and likely future opponent by 10 percentage points at this early stage in the election cycle – well beyond the margin of error for the survey.

Biden’s overall approval stands at 37 percent, about where it was in May but lower than in February when it was 42 percent. The Post-ABC poll finds 56 percent of Americans disapproving of Biden, a figure aligning with other recent polls, the Post reveals in its own report on the results.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/24/wapo-abc-poll-trump-takes-commanding-10-point-lead-over-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: WaPo/ABC Poll: Trump Takes Commanding 10-Point Lead over Biden
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 01:53:42 pm »
The problem is we don’t elect presidents by a national popular vote. Trump will not take Wi, Michigan, or Pennsylvania like he did in 2016.

We had two special elections were the Democrats, despite Biden’s and their party’s troubles, won handily

Biden’s advantage is getting independents, suburbanites, and the Democrat base in 2024

Trump’s advantage will be if those groups stay home or vote third party like what happened in 2016
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 02:24:41 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 04:11:32 pm »
The problem is we don’t elect presidents by a national popular vote. Trump will not take Wi, Michigan, or Pennsylvania like he did in 2016.

We had two special elections were the Democrats, despite Biden’s and their party’s troubles, won handily

Biden’s advantage is getting independents, suburbanites, and the Democrat base in 2024

Trump’s advantage will be if those groups stay home or vote third party like what happened in 2016

That's what worries me more than anything, is that no matter who we nominate, the Rat cheat/turnout machine is going to overcome it. While special elections have low turnout, winning a string of them is not a good pattern.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 05:21:19 pm »
Trump runs away with double-digit lead over Biden, new general election poll finds

Former President Donald Trump is currently leading President Biden by 10 points among voters, according to a new poll.

The Washington Post and ABC released the poll Sunday, which found that if the 2024 presidential election were held today, Trump would win 52% to 42% over Biden. Respondents also held a poor view of Biden's handling of the economy and the U.S.-Mexico border, in addition to his age.

The Post downplayed the results of its own poll after it showed Trump with such a commanding lead, however.

"The sizable margin of Trump’s lead in this survey is significantly at odds with other public polls that show the general election contest a virtual dead heat," the Post wrote Sunday. "The difference between this poll and others, as well as the unusual makeup of Trump’s and Biden’s coalitions in this survey, suggest it is probably an outlier."............

Meanwhile, Biden's approval rating sits at 37%, according to the poll, while 56% of respondents actively disapprove of his presidency.

Biden is facing a crisis of confidence among his own party members as well, with roughly 60% of Democrat and Democrat-leaning respondents saying they would prefer a different nominee.

The critics cited Biden's age, his handling of the economy, and the ongoing border crisis as pain points with his administration.......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-crushing-biden-double-digits-new-general-election-poll-finds
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 06:06:43 pm »
Was about to post this. Some conspiracy theorist types are saying they're pushing Trump with polls like this and it's fake, because they know he'll lose in the general. I don't think that's true, Trump is IMO stronger than ever... until he does something to screw it up...

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 06:07:23 pm »

Not going to happen if he is the nominee.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 06:11:13 pm »
Was about to post this. Some conspiracy theorist types are saying they're pushing Trump with polls like this and it's fake, because they know he'll lose in the general. I don't think that's true, Trump is IMO stronger than ever... until he does something to screw it up...

Maybe, but IMHO he's already ' screwing things up' by going after conservatism.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 06:12:10 pm »
That's what worries me more than anything, is that no matter who we nominate, the Rat cheat/turnout machine is going to overcome it. While special elections have low turnout, winning a string of them is not a good pattern.

No doubts, the cheat machines will be in play.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 06:15:14 pm »
Biden's brain is 40% Jell-o at this point.   I will be amazed if they do not replace his name on the ticket. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 06:21:04 pm »

Might be possible if it's close, but if it's blowout level like if this poll is true, then that becomes way harder.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2023, 06:21:26 pm »
These are some of the same polls that the Cuomo campaign ginned up against David Paterson in 2010 to get him to drop out of the race.

If this were a psyop, it would almost certainly be one that originated with the Democrats.

Consider Aaron Rupar, who is by no means a rightie:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1705944632930996715
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2023, 07:02:04 pm »
BUT.....,BUT.....,BUT...,he is rich AND he is rude!

WAHHHHH,WAHHHH,WAHHHHH!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 07:03:35 pm »
Maybe, but IMHO he's already ' screwing things up' by going after conservatism.

@libertybele

ROFLMAO!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2023, 07:03:44 pm »
BUT.....,BUT.....,BUT...,he is rich AND he is rude!

WAHHHHH,WAHHHH,WAHHHHH!

And he’s also been effectively tied to GOP candidates resulting in losses

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:08:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2023, 07:05:53 pm »
Biden's brain is 40% Jell-o at this point.   I will be amazed if they do not replace his name on the ticket.

@cato potatoe

I am convinced that the plan from Day One was to have him in position holding down the WH,and only dropping out "for health  reasons" when it would be too late for the RNC to mount an effective campaign against whatever Communist they end up nominating.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023, 07:10:48 pm »

The problem with that is they have to go through Kamala Harris. She’s too close to the presidency to simply just step aside.

Let the party try anything to get rid of her and she will cry  racism and sexism

The Democrat Party is in the same mess that we are in when it comes to their own 2024 presidential nominee. The difference is they’re still winning elections
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:31:07 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2023, 07:43:45 pm »
The problem with that is they have to go through Kamala Harris. She’s too close to the presidency to simply just step aside.

Let the party try anything to get rid of her and she will cry  racism and sexism

The Democrat Party is in the same mess that we are in when it comes to their own 2024 presidential nominee. The difference is they’re still winning elections

For the right price, I think she'll step aside, unless having the title of president means more to her.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2023, 07:46:48 pm »
For the right price, I think she'll step aside, unless having the title of president means more to her.

It would have to be a pretty high price. 

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2023, 07:50:16 pm »
The Dems are going to run Michelle and Newsom as VP seems most likely.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 09:51:55 pm »
Bele posted above:
"The Washington Post and ABC released the poll Sunday, which found that if the 2024 presidential election were held today, Trump would win 52% to 42% over Biden."

Ohmigosh.
This is TERRIBLE.
Can't be believed.
Has to be rubbish.
Right...?

(I realize that ol' white joe is not going to be "the candidate" in 2024, but, nevertheless...)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2023, 10:19:34 pm »

@libertybele

The Tan Klan is going to go absolutely NUTS if she is forced to step aside,but so what? What are they going to do,start voting Republican?

The DNC will just quietly promise the leadership hush money to calm down the rioters,and that will be that.

I have no idea who the Dims might try to get to run against Trump,but it won't be Her. She is just too "D..U..M",DUMB.

MAYBE Mooch,unless a physical is required.

I am sure there must be some black or semi-black Dim that is respectable that they can run,but does the DNC base really WANT someone respectable,or will they demand a "fire breathing radical" that promises them their very own white slaves to "make up for slavery"?

Not that it really matters because there is no shortage of white voters that hate "Rude,Orange,RICH man". Most of them will probably just stay home or vote 3rd Party,making it easier for the Dim candidate to win when you add all the illegal alien votes to all the votes they already have in storage to be used when necessary.

BTW,anybody that actually believes the Dims won  fair and square the last time is too stupid to be allowed to vote.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2023, 10:21:46 pm »

Let the party try anything to get rid of her and she will cry  racism and sexism.  The Democrat Party is in the same mess that we are in when it comes to their own 2024 presidential nominee. The difference is they’re still winning elections

Yup.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2023, 10:22:17 pm »
Might be possible if it's close, but if it's blowout level like if this poll is true, then that becomes way harder.

Very true. That is what it's going to take.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2023, 10:22:55 pm »
The Dems are going to run Michelle and Newsom as VP seems most likely.

@DB

Serious question.

"Is there an actual physical inspection done on Presidential Candidates done and reported on before they are allowed to run for the office of President?"

If so,will mooch run as a man,a woman,or multiple choice?