Author Topic: Navy launches board to help services leverage new science and tech  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy launches board to help services leverage new science and tech
« on: September 24, 2023, 04:24:42 pm »
Navy launches board to help services leverage new science and tech
By Megan Eckstein
 Thursday, Sep 21

WASHINGTON — The newly formed Department of the Navy Science and Technology Board will meet for the first time this week, with members slated to discuss how they can help Navy and Marine Corps leaders leverage scientific advances.

Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro last week announced the creation of the board, which is meant to “ensure the identification of new technologies and new applications of technology in those areas to strengthen national security,” according to its charter.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin tapped former Navy Secretary Richard Danzig to chair it. Danzig led the service from November 1998 to January 2001, served as undersecretary from 1993 to 1997 and advised former President Barack Obama on national security issues, among other roles.

Danzig told reporters Wednesday he wants to avoid common pitfalls for an outside advisory board. The S&T Board won’t advocate for more funding or specific projects, it won’t recommend changes to acquisition or personnel policies to accommodate new technologies, and it won’t simply point out technological advances in the commercial sector the Navy ought to look at.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/09/21/navy-launches-board-to-help-services-leverage-new-science-and-tech/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy launches board to help services leverage new science and tech
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 04:28:38 pm »
Who do they think they are fooling?  That "board" will determine any science or tech that might be negative to the woke agenda and make sure it doesn't create problems for the military.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson