Author Topic: Spanberger: Menendez Must Go, You Can’t Have ‘Hint’ of Expectation Influence is for Sale — Sounds Li  (Read 419 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

Spanberger: Menendez Must Go, You Can’t Have ‘Hint’ of Expectation Influence is for Sale — Sounds Like Espionage

Ian Hanchett 22 Sep 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA) called for Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) to resign in the wake of the “damning” indictment of him and that the actions laid out in the indictment sound like espionage. She also stated that it’s crucial that foreign leaders “do not even have a hint of an expectation that they can buy any sort of influence with American members of Congress.”

Host Wolf Blitzer asked, “The governor of the state is now calling for him to resign immediately. Do you echo that call?”

Spanberger answered, “Absolutely, absolutely. This is an issue of ensuring that our voters, the American people, those who send us to do the work for the American people on Capitol Hill believe in us. It’s also incredibly important that on the global stage that international leaders do not think or do not even have a hint of an expectation that they can buy any sort of influence with American members of Congress. So, certainly, he is innocent until proven guilty, but this indictment is damning and he should resign.”

She added, “It is abhorrent that there would be any elected member of Congress, the House or the Senate, or that there would be any position — person in a position of authority within the United States government who would in any way jeopardize the public trust and the trust put in them by the voters, but also our own national security, and to do so for their own personal gain. It’s just — it’s abhorrent.”

Blitzer then asked, “To you as a former CIA officer, does it sound like espionage from your perspective?”

Spanberger responded, “So, from an indictment standpoint, from a legalese standpoint, I’ll defer to the Justice Department and the FBI on that. But certainly, as a former intel. officer, we collected information and we paid people for that information. So, in the simplest of terms, yes. From a legal standpoint, I’ll defer to the DOJ on that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/22/spanberger-menendez-must-go-you-cant-have-hint-of-expectation-influence-is-for-sale-sounds-like-espionage/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 02:41:25 pm by PeteS in CA »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Meanwhile, the current occupant in the White House……
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

Spanberger responded, “So, from an indictment standpoint, from a legalese standpoint, I’ll defer to the Justice Department and the FBI on that. But certainly, as a former intel. officer, we collected information and we paid people for that information. So, in the simplest of terms, yes. From a legal standpoint, I’ll defer to the DOJ on that.”

What a weasel. It was spying, using his office, committee membership, and clearance to obtain information and then communicated it to a foreign country. We are not at war nor in conflict with Egypt, so it is not treason, as defined by the US Constitution. But spying and violation of the authority of his office, oh HELL yeah! He should be doing 10-20 in Federal prison. But under LIEden's InJustice Department ... I expect the prosecution to take a dive or Menendez to get a light slap on a boxing-gloved wrist.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Over the last several hours I've convinced myself that the Menendez indictments are nothing more than attempt number 5483 at getting the Bidens out of the headlines.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

It's hilarious to see congressional Dems piling on Menendez. Case in point:
Senator John Fetterman
@SenFettermanPA
Senator Menendez should resign.

He’s entitled to the presumption of innocence, but he cannot continue to wield influence over national policy, especially given the serious and specific nature of the allegations.

I hope he chooses an honorable exit and focuses on his trial.
3:15 PM · Sep 23, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Over the last several hours I've convinced myself that the Menendez indictments are nothing more than attempt number 5483 at getting the Bidens out of the headlines.

Considering how closely these crimes compare to the Biden's crimes you may have a point..

Funny all the Dems calling for Menedez to resign and not Joe for basically committing the same crimes.. :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Considering how closely these crimes compare to the Biden's crimes you may have a point..

Funny all the Dems calling for Menedez to resign and not Joe for basically committing the same crimes.. :silly:

:yowsa: Exactly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien