Author Topic: Teen kicked out of house by dad is kidnapped on streets, forced into sex slavery: prosecutor  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Teen kicked out of house by dad is kidnapped on streets, forced into sex slavery: prosecutor

New York City teen rescued 70 miles from home after calling Polaris, the National Human Trafficking Hotline
Michael Ruiz By Michael Ruiz Fox News
Published September 20, 2023 4:30am EDT

Human trafficking at southern border 'leads to slavery’: Sen. Marshall

Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Roger Marshall, R-Kan., discuss how the end of Title 42 is worsening America's border crisis on 'Lawrence Jones Cross Country.'

An 18-year-old New York City woman has been rescued from an alleged sex trafficker who met her online, drove her 70 miles from home and forced her into sex slavery for months, according to prosecutors.

Javesh Persaud, a 33-year-old from Shirley, New York, allegedly met the victim on an app called Omegle in July, according to Suffolk County prosecutors. The app pairs random strangers for chats and video calls, authorities said.

"This defendant allegedly took advantage of this victim’s vulnerability in order to inflict unspeakable and repeated traumas upon her for his own profit," said Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/teen-kicked-house-dad-kidnapped-streets-forced-sex-slavery-prosecutor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson