Author Topic: Raskin: Reps. Gaetz, Greene Will ‘End Their Political Careers by Shutting Down the Government for No  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Raskin: Reps. Gaetz, Greene Will ‘End Their Political Careers by Shutting Down the Government for No Reason’

Pam Key 22 Sep 2023

Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD) said Friday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that he believes Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) will “end their political careers by shutting down the government for no reason.”

Raskin said, “Donald Trump is calling the shots across the board. He thinks he can shut down his indictments and the work of the special counsel and the Department of Justice and the federal courts by getting Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene and three other members of the MAGA caucus to derail the House and shut down the government of the United States.”

He continued, “He’s badly mistaken. Jack Smith and the prosecutors are funded by a continuing indefinite appropriation to the Department of Justice, and they’re exempted because the attorney general is a presidential appointee. The federal courts themselves are open for business for criminal trials, because they relate to the protection of life, property and public safety.”

Raskin added, “So he’s going to shut down the rest of the U.S. government in order to blockade his prosecutions, but it’s not even going to work. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz who wants to run for governor of Florida according to all the Republicans I serve with, should figure out right now they’re just going to end their political careers by shutting down the government for no reason. They should tell Donald Trump his plan is not going to work.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/22/raskin-reps-gaetz-greene-will-end-their-political-careers-by-shutting-down-the-government-for-no-reason/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Members of the GOP Coo-Cco Caucus don't live by your mortal rules, Rep Raskin.

They live in a plane of existence different than yours, Rep Raskin.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 08:18:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Kind of stupid claim for him to make considering both are in safe districts.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I beg to differ; I think quite the opposite.  Someone has to stand up to the leftists.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

I beg to differ; I think quite the opposite.  Someone has to stand up to the leftists.

I'd say that's right.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis