Author Topic: Gen. Milley cries that Trump will ‘start throwing people in jail’ if reelected: ‘I’d be on the top o  (Read 718 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gen. Milley cries that Trump will ‘start throwing people in jail’ if reelected: ‘I’d be on the top of the list’
September 22, 2023 | Tom Tillison

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic magazine, is fretting over the idea that there may be accountability ahead if Donald Trump is elected for a second term as president.

Turns out — if you can take the journalist at his word — Goldberg is not alone here. General Mark Milley, the outgoing Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is also worried that Trump may throw him in the brig.

Goldberg did an in-depth profile of Milley that was published on Thursday and the title alone betrays his bias, “The Patriot. How General Mark Milley protected the Constitution from Donald Trump.”

“Milley has told friends that he expects that if Trump returns to the White House, the newly elected president will come after him. ‘He’ll start throwing people in jail, and I’d be on the top of the list,’ he has said. But he’s also told friends that he does not believe the country will reelect Trump,” Goldberg wrote.

Keep in mind, Milley undermined the commander in chief in the latter days of the Trump administration, calling his Chinese counterpart to secretly reassure Beijing that he would warn them ahead of time should the U.S. decide to suddenly attack — Trump never had any such intentions.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/09/22/gen-milley-cries-that-trump-will-start-throwing-people-in-jail-if-reelected-id-be-on-the-top-of-the-list-1398122/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Miley....

You tipped off the Chicoms around miltary tactics, which in my book is treasonous.

If Trump didn't have you put away, I'd be disappointed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well Milly you'd be on the top of my list too! I really don't put much credence into anything a lying scumbag, obvious democrat POS, traitor says especially when the current lying scumbag, democrat POS resident is throwing countless people in jail for purely political reasons and he has no issue with that. It's simply amazing how many democrats, especially in the top ranks of government are little whiner whankers, today I have read whines from Festerman and Milly, who's next Buttjigger? we haven't heard his whining for a while.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Gen. Milley cries that Trump will ‘start throwing people in jail’ if reelected: ‘I’d be on the top of the list’"

(posting BEFORE I read any replies)

We can only hope, General.
We can only hope.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Miley....

You tipped off the Chicoms around miltary tactics, which in my book is treasonous.

If Trump didn't have you put away, I'd be disappointed.

I don't hold much stock in what Trumps says about throwing people in jail if re-elected.  Does "lock her up" ring a bell?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Keep in mind, Milley undermined the commander in chief in the latter days of the Trump administration, calling his Chinese counterpart to secretly reassure Beijing that he would warn them ahead of time should the U.S. decide to suddenly attack — Trump never had any such intentions.

I despise Milley for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them.

Can someone explain how this harmed anything?  The only thing it could have potentially harmed was if Trump truly did intend to attack China.

Otherwise, the only point is to ensure that a war doesn't get started accidentally because people are nervous. There have been military leaders in other countries who have done the same thing for us when there is a a potentially destabilizing transfer of power in other countries.  It's just military guys trying to ensure that the world doesn't blow itself up accidentally.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 10:42:14 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

"Keep in mind, Milley undermined the commander in chief in the latter days of the Trump administration, calling his Chinese counterpart to secretly reassure Beijing that he would warn them ahead of time should the U.S. decide to suddenly attack — Trump never had any such intentions."

Can someone explain how this harmed anything?  The only thing it could have potentially harmed was if Trump truly did intend to attack China.

Otherwise, the only point is to ensure that a war doesn't get started accidentally because people are nervous. There have been military leaders in other countries who have done the same thing for us when there is a a potentially destabilizing transfer of power in other countries.  It's just military guys trying to ensure that the world doesn't blow itself up accidentally.

Son...(and I don't know how old you are), you have just destroyed whatever credibility you have/had.

****slapping
Maj Bill-DC

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Son...(and I don't know how old you are), you have just destroyed whatever credibility you have/had.

****slapping
Maj Bill-DC

Well that's a shame.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 12:00:12 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

We don't disagree often, but if Miley would go this far, what would keep him intentionally or not giving unnecessary details of military information. 

Secondly, I would think we would need a level of consistency among ever rank from PFC to 4 Star General.  Kind of hard to keep full accountibility if we are making exceptions for the latter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gen. Milley cries that Trump will ‘start throwing people in jail’ if reelected: ‘I’d be on the top of the list’

Yet one more reason to vote for Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

We don't disagree often, but if Milley would go this far, what would keep him intentionally or not giving unnecessary details of military information.

So you're asking if my opinion would be different if he had done something different than what he actually did?  Yes.  But simply on these facts...no. 

Secondly, I would think we would need a level of consistency among ever rank from PFC to 4 Star General.  Kind of hard to keep full accountability if we are making exceptions for the latter.

No, you'd expect higher ranking officers to exercise more discretion.  There's nothing actually prohibiting what he did.  As I've said, I can recall -- and I think it was during the attempted coup in the USSR in 1991 -- Soviet/Russian generals contacted our guys and told them something similar.

As long as all that is being said is "The U.S. military is not going to let an outgoing U.S. President start an unprovoked/undeclared major war", I've got no problem with it at all.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 03:01:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »