Author Topic: Democrats are on a special election winning streak  (Read 421 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats are on a special election winning streak
« on: September 22, 2023, 01:57:29 pm »
Democrats are on a special election winning streak
Zachary Basu

Democrats secured victory in two state-level special elections this week, extending an impressive winning streak that Biden campaign officials cited today as they appealed to supporters to stop panicking about polls.

Why it matters: Down-ballot, low-turnout state elections aren't necessarily a harbinger for national contests. But the trend is unmistakeable: In 30 special elections this year, Democrats have outperformed by an average of 11 points, according to a 538 analysis of each seat's base partisanship score.

The analysis doesn't take into account the Wisconsin Supreme Court race, city elections and ballot referendums where Democrats have also dominated — largely by campaigning on abortion rights.

Driving the news: In Pennsylvania on Tuesday, Democrats defended a one-seat majority in the state House for the fifth time this year, outperforming Biden's 2020 margin in an Allegheny County seat by eight points.

In New Hampshire, a Democrat won by 12 points in a district Trump narrowly carried in 2020, putting the party within one seat of ending the GOP's state government trifecta. The Republican who lost, Jim Guzofski, is an election denier who claimed "prophets" told him Trump won in 2020.

What they're saying: "You can keep talking about polls 14 months out, but this is what I've been looking at all year," tweeted Obama 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina of the trend in special elections.

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/21/democrats-special-elections-winning-streak

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Democrats are on a special election winning streak
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 02:06:20 pm »
As America continues to drop as a world power, hells reign looks like heaven to many yet untouched.  See the utopia as it worsens!

:smokin: :reaper: :dumpster: :media: :dumpster: :reaper: :smokin:

Satan is exploiting his minions WITH LITTLE OPPOSITION, The End Times is THE CORRECTION!
ENJOY!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 12:00:20 am »
The Pennsylvania election was in a heavily DCommnist district -- foregone conclusion.

But the New Hampshire loss -- by 12 points -- is a disappointment.
That state has turned from red to purple rather quickly.
And now it looks to be tippin' over to the blue.
Guess the "live free or die" folks just about all... died off.

(I realize you're still up there, Andy.
I wish I was up there, too.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 01:14:20 am by Fishrrman »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 12:31:35 am »
From the article….

The Republican who lost, Jim Guzofski, is an election denier who claimed "prophets" told him Trump won in 2020.

And as long as we continue to nominate Republican candidates like this, we will continue to lose
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 01:44:20 pm »
It is undeniable that in the age of Trump, Democrats have been winning

Pre Trump, the GOP held more public offices than anytime since the 1920’s

If the republican party doesn’t get a hold of its primary process, expect more Trumpian candidates to be nominated and lose their general elections
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 11:56:57 pm »
If only we can elect only democrats, its the only way democrats can be defeated.  A wolf in sheeps clothing swore to it, AND YOU KNOW THEY DON'T LIE!  fOOLS DON'T BELIEVE LIES AND LIARS EITHER!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 12:09:14 am »
What they're saying: "You can keep talking about polls 14 months out, but this is what I've been looking at all year," tweeted Obama 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina of the trend in special elections.

Is this really all that surprising?

What have the Pubs done in the House other than hold hearings and write letters.

They had the debt ceiling increase that they could have used to get something, but they gave it away.

They had 8 months to start passing appropriation bills, but they haven't done that.

Now that they are meeting and trying to work out appropriation bills they can pass McCarthy sends them home for the weekend.

If we end up with nothing why turnout and vote?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home