Author Topic: Trump Calls for Autoworkers' Support: 'I'll Make You Victorious & Rich'  (Read 911 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Calls for Autoworkers' Support: 'I'll Make You Victorious & Rich'

Eric Mack    |   Sunday, 17 September 2023 09:50 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump sought to capitalize on the United Auto Workers strike, calling for their votes and rebuking President Joe Biden's "electric car scam."

"The United Autoworkers are being sold down the 'drain' with this all electric car scam," Trump posted Sunday on Truth Social. "They'll be made in China, under Crooked Joe's China First policy. Autoworkers, vote for Trump — I'll make you victorious & rich."

UAW President Shawn Fain rejected talk about being a rubber stamp on an endorsement for Biden in the upcoming presidential election.

"We expect action, not words," Fain told CBS News' "Face the Nation" on Sunday, adding the endorsement has to be "earned."

Trump tried to do just that Sunday, albeit appealing to the worker and not the union bosses.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/uaw-union-strike/2023/09/17/id/1134838/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Trump Calls for Autoworkers' Support: 'I'll Make You Victorious & Rich'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 03:53:27 pm »
And those that genuflect at the altar of Orange, still maintain that Trumpy isn't a politician :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 04:40:13 pm »
Sure he will.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 04:57:17 pm »
Who talks like that in this day and age?
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 04:59:42 pm »
As I previously stated a couple of times, Trump is not going to do anything that he won't profit off of.  I see him doing exactly what is needed for the autoworkers and auto companies and it sure as heck isn't going to be EV's.

As from a business perspective, I think that this is very plausible and he will succeed.

However, I still don't see him as being the GOP nominee -- the leftists have stacked the deck against him
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 05:04:38 pm »
    Someone is whispering in his ear "You will need the Union Vote to overcome your unfavourability polls".           
    Another Failure, but brilliant on the part of the Trump Campaign.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 05:18:03 pm »
So Trump wants to boost the cost of cars to ordinary Americans now.  What, pray tell, differentiates him from any other garden-variety liberal?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 05:33:12 pm »
So Trump wants to boost the cost of cars to ordinary Americans now.  What, pray tell, differentiates him from any other garden-variety liberal?

The economic expert is completely oblivious to the fact that car manufacturers will undoubtedly automate further. Furthermore, will he have the audacity to oblige car companies like Tesla to unionize their employees?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 05:39:39 pm »
So Trump wants to boost the cost of U. S. manufactured cars to ordinary Americans now.  What, pray tell, differentiates him from any other garden-variety liberal?

Small edit to the above @Kamaji and the effect will be lower sales of those vehicles.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 06:36:24 pm »
What, pray tell, differentiates him from any other garden-variety liberal?

Not much
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 06:45:07 pm »
I'm waiting for Trump to weigh in and condemn California's insane plan to tax fast food operators and pay fast food unskilled labor twenty dollars an hour and not see any problem with his stance on the autoworkers.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 06:53:20 pm »
And car buyers poorer, by paying extra on the sticker.   Trump is such a dumbass, and just more proof that his left turn has become excessive.

RDS, and the rest need to go on the attack and destroy Trump on these positions.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 06:54:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 06:59:15 pm »

A bad comb-over and a spray-on tan  :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 07:02:25 pm »
A bad comb-over and a spray-on tan  :laugh:

We really need to figure out how to get the conservative media to get their noses out of Trump's ass, and start calling him out on these outrageous (growing list by the day) left wing initiatives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 07:04:27 pm »
We really need to figure out how to get the conservative media to get their noses out of Trump's ass, and start calling him out on these outrageous (growing list by the day) left wing initiatives.

No kidding. Beats me how... Might start by calling em out for publishing outright lies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 07:10:26 pm »
No kidding. Beats me how... Might start by calling em out for publishing outright lies.

I'll start and provide  Hannity and Limbaugh as an example  Long term pundits claimed to be a pioneer conservatives, but when all the wash came out, they gave us a Trojan Horse that is getting ready to hand power to dims for 10-20 years if he is the nominee. 

Never thought I would say that Rush Limbaugh was duped.  But it is now loud and clear he was.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 07:50:16 pm »
I'll start and provide  Hannity and Limbaugh as an example  Long term pundits claimed to be a pioneer conservatives, but when all the wash came out, they gave us a Trojan Horse that is getting ready to hand power to dims for 10-20 years if he is the nominee. 

Never thought I would say that Rush Limbaugh was duped.  But it is now loud and clear he was.

I quit listening to Hannity early on, pegging him for a political lap dog (and I was right). I got super pissed at Rush for backing McCain't... Dang near shut him clean off after that election year... But I listened still until he backed Romulus. That was the final straw, and the damn lie of mere Republicanism exposed. Never again.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2023, 08:05:01 pm »
 ////00000////

Mephistopheles, himself, couldn't have phrased that invitation to temptation better.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright