Author Topic: John Fetterman Tears Up Reflecting on Being ‘Ridiculed and Made Fun of’ over Disability  (Read 435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Fetterman Tears Up Reflecting on Being ‘Ridiculed and Made Fun of’ over Disability

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 21 Sep 2023

Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) teared up during a committee hearing on Thursday as he reflected on how he has been “ridiculed and made fun of” over his speech disability.

Fetterman became emotional at a U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging where witnesses with disabilities testified before the committee. Fetterman said disabilities and accessibility have been a “very personal issue” for him and then showed an iPhone transcription app he relies on to communicate with others.

Fetterman has had trouble communicating since suffering a stroke in the weeks leading up to the Pennsylvania Democrat senate primary.

As Breitbart News detailed:

The freshman Senator from Pennsylvania suffered a stroke just days before the Democrat primary last year, though he still handily won the nomination. In the months that followed, Fetterman stayed out of the public eye while a general election race with Republican nominee Dr. Mehmet Oz approached, and public scrutiny ensued.

Fetterman dodged debates for months, prompting local and national newspaper editorial boards to pressure him to take the stage with Oz. When he finally began making public appearances, his trouble with communicating and speaking became alarmingly apparent, and at their lone debate, Fetterman relied on closed captioning to adequately understand the moderators and his opponent.

“This is my iPhone, and this is a transcription service that allows me to fully participate in this meeting and conversations with my children and interacting with my my staff,” Fetterman said as he showed off the application. “I had a stroke about 18 months ago. You know, and I have lost my ability to fully process language.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/21/john-fetterman-reflecting-ridiculed-made-fun-disability/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Is he disabled or not, though? One day he's incoherent, and the next - when he happens to look completely different - he's glib and focused. It's almost as though he were two different people.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Blubbering pile of puss.  Grow a pair so that thing and your neck can have some friends.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Blubbering pile of puss.  Grow a pair so that thing and your neck can have some friends.

:silly:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sounds to me he just admitted that he has a disability that prevents from properly functioning in his job.  There is no dishonor in that.  But being in an occupation that requires keen oratory skills like a senator, is like the functionality of being a one-armed surgeon.

Mr. Fetterman....   resign
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Man up Fessterman, you have no problem ridiculing and insulting others but whine like a child when you are on the receiving end. If you can't handle the big leagues you should crawl back under mommy wife's skirt.

Online mountaineer

you should crawl back under mommy wife's skirt
She is so nasty. Eww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man up Fessterman, you have no problem ridiculing and insulting others but whine like a child when you are on the receiving end. If you can't handle the big leagues you should crawl back under mommy wife's skirt.

A Brazilian. :smokin:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.