Author Topic: Trump's Reported Disgust With Wounded Veteran Sparks Fury: 'Pure Scum'  (Read 731 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-reported-disgust-wounded-veteran-sparks-fury-pure-scum-1828949

Former President Donald Trump's reported disgust with a wounded veteran has sparked outrage.

A new profile of Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley offers another look into the former president's attitude toward those who have fought and served for the U.S. The article, published by The Atlantic, says that Trump did not want wounded veterans at official events because "no one wants to see that."

(snip)

Avila's bio on the Gary Sinise Foundation's website says that he had his leg amputated after the attack and suffered two strokes, two heart attacks and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

"It rained that day, and the ground was soft; at one point Avila's wheelchair threatened to topple over. Milley's wife, Hollyanne, ran to help Avila, as did Vice President Mike Pence," wrote Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic.

"After Avila's performance, Trump walked over to congratulate him, but then said to Milley, within earshot of several witnesses, 'Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded.' Never let Avila appear in public again, Trump told Milley."

EXCERPT

On brand for Trump.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump's Reported Disgust With Wounded Veteran Sparks Fury: 'Pure Scum'
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 10:10:20 pm »
Wow, but not sure I beleive it.  Not even Tumpy is that stupid for a PR blunder of that magnitude.

Wonder if Pence can confirm this?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 10:15:56 pm »
Wow, but not sure I beleive it.  Not even Tumpy is that stupid for a PR blunder of that magnitude.

Wonder if Pence can confirm this?

I'm not sure I believe it either. But I seem to remember a comment about McCain being captured and a loser (paraphrasing). So he might be that stupid. A lot of people were captured...and not just during Viet Nam.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of McCain.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 10:23:50 pm »
Who to believe. Both Trump and Milley have credibility issues
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 10:31:49 pm »
Who to believe. Both Trump and Milley have credibility issues
Exactly. And published in The Atlantic, too. Say no more, say no more.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 03:01:21 am »
I believe it, but I'm not going to hold it against Trump without more proof than just Milley's word.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 04:49:59 am »
I don't believe it, but don't complain if what you do is done unto you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 05:05:39 am »
I don't believe it, but don't complain if what you do is done unto you.

Well that's a fair point.  If Trump's people are going to lie about his opponents for political advantage, then I see no reason to be fair to Trump himself.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 05:34:32 am »
Well that's a fair point.  If Trump's people are going to lie about his opponents for political advantage, then I see no reason to be fair to Trump himself.

Hence the reason he will always be Tumpy to me, naming him in a derogatory and dismissive fashion, precisely as he names others... For some reason, his fans are perturbed to find out that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  happy77

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 05:40:43 am »
Yeah, I see this going down the same path as Trump supporters (rumor mongering/fabricating)... This is an loose innuendo and I will treat it as such... I want to win, but not going to the gutter to do it unlike some.

I like how it was handled here at TBR... it was a news item, we pretty much looked at it as un-proveable and decided it was not worth repeating until/unless verified.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:55:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....