Author Topic: Eric Clapton raised eye-popping sum for RFK Jr's presidential campaign  (Read 218 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Eric Clapton raised eye-popping sum for RFK Jr's presidential campaign

Rock and roll legend Eric Clapton raised $2.2 million for Democrat presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., at a recent campaign event.

Clapton on Monday performed at a Los Angeles fundraiser for Kennedy in support of his primary campaign against President Biden.

Video footage of the concert made its rounds online, showing the Yardbirds alum shredding in front of a Kennedy 2024 banner.

The private concert brought in $2.2 million to Kennedy's campaign coffers, according to a campaign press release. The campaign said it raised $1 million while the remaining $1.2 million went to a political action committee supporting the Democrat's presidential bid.

Tickets to the fundraiser cost a cool $6,600, the Daily Mail reported.

"I am deeply grateful to Eric Clapton for bringing his musical artistry and rebellious spirit to my gathering in Los Angeles last night," Kennedy said in the press release.

"I sometimes think that in our divided society, it is music rather than any kind of intellectual agreement that has the most potential to bring us together again," Kennedy said. "Eric sings from the depths of the human condition."

"If he sees in me the possibility of bringing unity to our country, it is only possible because artists like him invoke a buried faith in the limitless power of human beings to overcome any obstacle," he added...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-clapton-raised-eye-popping-sum-rfk-jrs-presidential-campaign

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

Re: Eric Clapton raised eye-popping sum for RFK Jr's presidential campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 08:54:38 pm »
I think RFKjr and Clapton are in agreement about the covid vacs.  :shrug: Seems like I remember reading about Clapton taking a lot of flak over his anit-vac stance. That could be the common cause between them.

Although I admire Clapton's musical gifts, I still wouldn't listen to any artist about politics. Well, maybe Alice Cooper.