Author Topic: Is LTG Gilland’s West Point Following Biden’s Lead In Forgetting Our Fallen Service members?  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JOHN HUGHES COLUMN   | SERVICE ACADEMIES
Is LTG Gilland’s West Point Following Biden’s Lead In Forgetting Our Fallen Service members?
By John Hughes
September 7, 2023

The American Battle Monuments Commission has some excellent videos posted on YouTube that show overseas military cemeteries for US servicemembers from past wars. The Commission was created in 1923 to build and maintain overseas cemeteries to honor US war dead in foreign wars. Each clip ends with the following quote:

“Time will not dim the glory of their deeds.”

General of the Armies, John J. Pershing

Last week I returned to my Alma Mater, West Point, for a conference that was held on 30-31 August 2023. In the evenings, I visited the West Point Cemetery to see my grandfather’s grave (West Point Class of 1940). I had not been to West Point since 2001 and could not help but notice a recent and tragic addition to the hallowed grounds – the section for graduates that fell in Iraq and Afghanistan. Over 90 members of the Long Gray Line were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many are buried at West Point.

https://armedforces.press/is-ltg-gillands-west-point-following-bidens-lead-in-forgetting-our-fallen-service-members/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He doesn't have time to worry about the fallen!  His time is occupied by wokeness and global warming! :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson