Author Topic: Congressman attacks military racial, gender quotas  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congressman attacks military racial, gender quotas
« on: September 21, 2023, 04:51:21 pm »
Congressman attacks military racial, gender quotas
NY Army National Guard Soldiers of the 27th Infantry Brigade Combat Team during farewell at

SEPTEMBER 20, 2023 TIMOTHY FRUDD

Chairman of the Military Personnel Subcommittee U.S. Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) blasted the military’s diversity, equity, and inclusion military programs during Wednesday’s “Meritocracy in the Military Services: From Recruiting and Accession to Promotion and Command Selection” hearing.

The Republican congressman presented comments at the opening of the hearing, which focused on the various policies, principles, and procedures used by the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Space Force for promotions, command selections, and accessions.

Wednesday’s hearing was intended to determine whether merit-based principles are followed by the nation’s military personnel system.

After thanking the witnesses who were scheduled to provide testimony during the hearing, Banks said, “I hope this hearing provides an opportunity for our Members to have a productive exchange with our witnesses and provide answers to their questions.”

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=60.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Congressman attacks military racial, gender quotas
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 04:54:29 pm »
Odd.  The heir apparent to the throne of thoroughly woke Milley wants white officers to be the minority.  That seems like a quota to me. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson