Author Topic: Durbin, No. 2 Senate Democrat, disagrees with change to dress code: ‘We need to have standards’  (Read 256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Durbin, No. 2 Senate Democrat, disagrees with change to dress code: ‘We need to have standards’
by Alexander Bolton - 09/21/23 10:24 AM ET

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.) says he is “concerned” about a decision to loosen the Senate’s dress code to allow senators to wear whatever they want on the chamber floor, arguing “we need to have standards.” 

Durbin, the No. 2-ranking Senate Democrat and chairman of the powerful Judiciary Committee, signaled he’s not ready to let hoodies, blue jeans or shorts become the norm on the Senate floor, which has been the venue of many important historic moments over the years.

“Well, I’m concerned about it,” Durbin told “The Briefing with Steve Scully” on SiriusXM’s POTUS channel, when asked about the recent change in the rules of decorum. 

Durbin acknowledged that changing the Senate’s dress code would accommodate his colleague, first-term Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.), who’s well-known for wearing a hoodie and shorts instead of a business suit like most senators, but suggested the issue is bigger than one senator. 

“The senator in question from Pennsylvania is a personal friend, but I think we need to have standards when it comes to what we’re wearing on the floor of the Senate, and we’re in the process of discussing that right now as to what those standards will be,” Durbin told the show.

His interview will air Friday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4216039-durbin-no-2-senate-democrat-concerned-about-dress-code-change/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

The only standards democrats adhere to are those of fascism.

Online libertybele

Good for Dick Durbin for standing up against Chuckie's ridiculous dress code.  Let's set some standards; perhaps relaxing the dress code a bit, but relaxing it to the point of shorts and hoodies detracts from the importance of the positions of Senators.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Never thought I'd agree with Dick Freaking Durbin.

It's just an embarrassment.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 05:54:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »