Author Topic: Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are 'coming to the end' but together and 'in love,' their grandson shares  (Read 1411 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Former President Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter’s grandson said his grandparents remain together and in love, even as they face health challenges.

“They're coming to the end, as we know,” Jason Carter, chairman of the Carter Center’s Board of Trustees and an attorney, told USA TODAY on Thursday.

The Carter Center, the longtime charity created by the former first couple, announced earlier this year that the former president was entering hospice care. In May, the Carter family revealed the former first lady was diagnosed with dementia

“He's been in hospice now for several months, but they are happy,” Jason Carter said. “They are together. They are at home. They're in love, and I don't think anyone gets more than that. I mean, it's a perfect situation for this time in their lives.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/09/14/jimmy-rosalynn-carter-coming-end/70851645007/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
Not too often you hear about couples being married for so long, and both still together.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I saw this posted on TOS the other day and checked out the comments.  Some sick and disgusting people over there.  You know Carter wasn't a great president but we recovered from his poor policy decisions. it wasn't like today where we have had two democrats in office he'll bent on destroy America.  Good speed To the Carters.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
I saw this posted on TOS the other day and checked out the comments.  Some sick and disgusting people over there.  You know Carter wasn't a great president but we recovered from his poor policy decisions. it wasn't like today where we have had two democrats in office he'll bent on destroy America.  Good speed To the Carters.

@Wingnut you said it beautifully. Plus after he was president  he did all that great work for Habitat For Humanity
and other charities. Thank you.

Offline PeteS in CA

I do not wish suffering on much of anyone. Hospice care may be a hospice facility, hospice care in a SNF or ALF, or in-home, depending on patients' situations and what is available in their area. In general, being under hospice care means that the patients' physicians' good-faith diagnosis is that the patient has less than 6 months to live, irrespective of treatment of their condition(s). Hospice care means that treatment to try to "cure" or control those conditions is ceased, and administered treatments are for the comfort of the patient during their dying process.

It is common, here in Silicon Valley, for patients to die within days of entering hospice care. It is not common, but there are occasional patients who either remain under hospice care for over a year - doctors' good-faith diagnoses are fallible and sometimes patients are tougher than expected - or who improve contrary to expectation and no longer qualify for hospice care.

My comments above are not from first-hand knowledge
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

I suspect that any of us who have watched aged parents decline have at least a little sympathy for the Carter family, no matter how bad a president he was. He was bad, but he wasn't evil - which is how I would describe Obama.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

I suspect that any of us who have watched aged parents decline have at least a little sympathy for the Carter family, no matter how bad a president he was. He was bad, but he wasn't evil - which is how I would describe Obama.

I totally agree.

Online libertybele

Yes, Carter was a terrible president but not evil. I view him as a humanitarian more than anything.

O'Bammy is evil, and Brandon is old, evil and just plain demented.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Fortunately, he beat that Killer Rabbit, I guess.  But none of us will beat Father Time.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Polly Ticks

He was a terrible president, but apparently a pretty decent man.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

He was a terrible president, but apparently a pretty decent man.

Very true.

Offline PeteS in CA

More recently, Carter went full-anti-Israel, to a degree I view as antisemitism. I used to view post-Presidency Carter as a decent humanitarian. His anti-Israel antisemitism changed my view of him. I still would not wish suffering on him.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

More recently, Carter went full-anti-Israel, to a degree I view as antisemitism. I used to view post-Presidency Carter as a decent humanitarian. His anti-Israel antisemitism changed my view of him. I still would not wish suffering on him.
The Carter Foundation is full-bore pro-PLO, in my opinion.  Someone tangentially related to Mr. M worked there after a career at the U.N. helping "Palestinians, " and there was no question about his loyalties.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If I'm going to meet my Maker, I'd rather go as a good man who was a bad President than as a bad man who was a good President.

Jimmy Carter and his wife were both good, decent people even if he was a lousy President.  I hope they pass easily and get to spend eternity together with their Lord.

Offline Hoodat

My opinions on Jimmy Carter are more severe than most of the posts I have read here.  Up until 1981 or 1982, he was a petty, vindictive, racist, micro-managing POS.  But after he lost to Reagan, I believe he made an effort to atone for past wrongs.  It's not the same as a true come-to-Jesus moment.  But the intent was there.

Don't know much about Chip.  But Amy is a good egg.  I would help her out if she ever needed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Lets just say I celebrated when he was thrown out of the Southern Baptist association.

https://albertmohler.com/2009/07/14/jimmy-we-hardly-knew-ye-carter-renounces-the-sbc

He was a flaming liberal that wanted to corrupt Christianity. I have little good to say about Carter, so you can mark this reply as least favorable of Jimmy Carter.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 04:41:04 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

Well said, my thoughts exactly.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.