Author Topic: Fentanyl package worth $7,000 found in NYC daycare after 1-year-old dies from apparent overdose  (Read 261 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fentanyl package worth $7,000 found in NYC daycare after 1-year-old dies from apparent overdose
Grei Mendez, the owner of the New York City daycare center, pleaded not guilty, claimed she had no knowledge of the opioid
Associated Press
Published September 19, 2023 11:17am EDT

Last Friday, a 1-year-old child died after possibly consuming fentanyl at a daycare center in New York City.

Authorities investigating the opioid case found nearly two pounds of fentanyl worth about $7,000 at the Bronx daycare center.

The owner of the center, Grei Mendez, said she had no knowledge of the drugs but noted that Carlist Acevedo Brito, who rents one of her rooms in the apartment, may have been responsible.

A package containing several thousand dollars worth of fentanyl was discovered inside the New York City day care center where a 1-year-old child died from a toxic opioid exposure last week, police and city officials said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fentanyl-package-worth-7000-found-nyc-daycare-1-year-old-dies-apparent-overdose
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson