Author Topic: Cape Cod Residents Outraged At Democratic Governor’s Migrant Housing Plan  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cape Cod Residents Outraged At Democratic Governor’s Migrant Housing Plan
Residents turned out in force.

Published 1 min ago on 20 September, 2023Zero HedgeJOSEPH PREZIOSO / Contributor via Getty 
Earlier this month, Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey declared a state of emergency in response to the surging number of migrants in state-managed shelters. Then, last week, the governor mobilized the National Guard to assist with the migrant crisis. Now, residents are outraged with the governor’s decision to house the migrants as Biden’s southern border crisis spreads nationwide.

Local newspaper The Bourne Enterprise reports anger spreads across the Cape Cod peninsula as “residents turned out in force to express opposition to the state’s opting to provide temporary housing for migrant families who have been relocated to Massachusetts.”

“Protesters outside the building that evening held signs reading “Americans First”; inside, residents at the lectern cited potential board of health regulations, as well as concerns with whether the public school system can accommodate children from the immigrant families,” the paper said.

Dozens of residents attended the Bourne Select Board meeting at the Bourne Veterans Memorial Community Center earlier this month to voice their opposition to Gov. Healey’s plan to transform parts of the Joint Base Cape Cod and local area hotels into migrant shelters.

https://summit.news/2023/09/20/cape-cod-residents-outraged-at-democratic-governors-migrant-housing-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Cape Cod Residents Outraged At Democratic Governor’s Migrant Housing Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 04:24:39 pm »
NIMBY's might just take down Biden.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Cape Cod Residents Outraged At Democratic Governor’s Migrant Housing Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 04:28:53 pm »
Keep shipping 'em North!!