Author Topic: Possible Personnel Cuts at Army Special Operations Command Loom  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Possible Personnel Cuts at Army Special Operations Command Loom
« on: September 20, 2023, 04:03:43 pm »
Possible Personnel Cuts at Army Special Operations Command Loom

By Frank Wolfe | 20 hours ago | 09/19/2023
highlights

A looming challenge for U.S. Army Secretary Christine Wormuth and Gen. Randy George, the nominee to become the next Army Chief of Staff, is opposition among those in the service’s special forces community to a possible 10 to 20 percent personnel cut to help fund Army modernization.

The proposal is under consideration for the Army’s fiscal 2025 budget request, and congressional defense authorizers have already moved to head off the possible cuts that may target specific billets.

Section 597 of the House Armed Services Committee’s fiscal 2024 defense bill would require the assistant secretary of defense for special operations and low-intensity conflict–Christopher Maier–and the head of U.S. Special Operations Command–Army Gen. Bryan Fenton–“to conduct a coordinated review of force structure and personnel requirements for special operations forces under the jurisdiction of the secretaries of the military departments to carry out special operations activities.”

https://www.defensedaily.com/possible-personnel-cuts-at-army-special-operations-command-loom/special-operations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Possible Personnel Cuts at Army Special Operations Command Loom
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 04:04:50 pm »
That money will be better used on getting more unvetted illegals in the country. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson