Author Topic: Biden campaign launches strategy to combat misinformation on social media  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden campaign launches strategy to combat misinformation on social media
by Alex Gangitano - 09/20/23 10:34 AM ET

President Biden’s reelection campaign is creating a working group centered on combating misinformation on social media networks, a Biden campaign official told The Hill on Wednesday.

The group will be led by Rob Flaherty, deputy campaign manager; Michael Tyler, communications director; and Maury Riggan, general counsel, as well as aides from the rapid response communications team and legal team.

The goal of the cross-campaign effort is to publicly push back on disinformation with “an army of folks” who can push back get information out to the public like Biden campaign officials, allies, surrogates and influencers.

“Social media platforms have a critical responsibility to take account of how their platforms affect the American people, but make independent choices about how they enforce their standards,” said Flaherty, the former White House director of digital strategy.

“The campaign is going to have to be more aggressive pushing back on misinformation from a communications perspective and filling some of the gaps these companies are leaving behind,” he said. 

The new working group is a shift from previous strategies in which campaigns could ask and expect social media companies to take down content deemed to be misinformation. The shift comes in the new age of X, formerly known as Twitter, and the rise of other platforms such as Truth Social, where former President Trump often posts.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4213744-biden-campaign-launches-strategy-to-combat-misinformation-on-social-media/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden campaign launches strategy to combat misinformation on social media
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 04:19:24 pm »
The campaign strategy is to tell people they’re not seeing what they’re seeing

Will it work? Doubtful. But we’ll see.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden campaign launches strategy to combat misinformation on social media
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 04:20:28 pm »
Another shot at government censorship of social media.