Author Topic: 5 Wrong Predictions Ruining Democrats’ Plan For 2024  (Read 503 times)

Offline Kamaji

5 Wrong Predictions Ruining Democrats’ Plan For 2024
« on: September 18, 2023, 01:20:39 pm »
5 Wrong Predictions Ruining Democrats’ Plan For 2024

If Biden can’t win the D.C. uniparty, can’t win the far left, can’t hide his corruption, and can’t hide from Trump, how is he supposed to win another election?

BY: CHARLIE KIRK
SEPTEMBER 18, 2023

On Tuesday, The Washington Post’s David Ignatius called for pulling the plug on Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

“I don’t think Biden and Vice President Harris should run for reelection,” said the man frequently considered the media’s mouthpiece for intelligence agencies. “If he and Harris campaign together in 2024, I think Biden risks undoing his greatest achievement — which was stopping Trump.”

Just 10 months ago, Biden and the Democrats had a surprisingly good midterm election. So what has Ignatius — and the deep state apparatus he speaks for — so gloomy?

Quite simply, 2023 has not gone according to plan.

Democrats were never planning to run on Joe Biden’s accomplishments in 2024. They know those accomplishments don’t exist. The border is a mess, and everyone knows it. Foreign policy is a mess, and everyone knows it. They can massage the economic stats all they want, but they can’t convince Americans struggling with exploding prices that the economy is actually good.

So what was their plan for 2024? Simple: Make the actual issues irrelevant.

2023, for the D.C. regime, was supposed to be about locking up 2024 far in advance of any ballots being cast. In their vision, this was going to be the one where they permanently destroyed Donald Trump and then took a yearlong victory lap into a triumphant 2025 and beyond. This was going to be a triumph of political machinery over political accomplishment.

But the machine is breaking down. Five core assumptions that were at the heart of Democrat plans have all gone up in smoke — or rather, exploded right in their faces.

1. The Indictments Backfired

The criminal indictment of Trump was supposed to send him into a downward spiral. The Democrats’ reasoning was that “no future, sitting, or former president has ever been indicted for a felony.” Tag Trump with the mark of a criminal, they figured, and his followers would abandon him. Trump would collapse inward, obsessing entirely over his personal legal drama and forgetting about national issues and Biden’s mismanagement of the country.

In short, the left thought their indictments would shatter Trump and his base psychologically. In fact, they did the precise opposite. Instead of delegitimizing Trump, the Democrats have instead discredited the very idea that being indicted is disqualifying for the presidency. By bringing such coordinated, obviously political prosecutions, they have only sent the message that Donald Trump is the one candidate the D.C. regime authentically fears.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/18/5-wrong-predictions-ruining-democrats-plan-for-2024/

Offline Kamaji

Re: 5 Wrong Predictions Ruining Democrats’ Plan For 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 01:22:49 pm »
I disagree with him on the intended effect of the indictments.  I think they were precisely intended to boost Trump with his base and with GOP primary voters, in order to suck all the oxygen out of the room and make everything about Trump, thereby making it difficult for an actual leader to emerge from the GOP primary process.  The indictments will not help Trump in the general election, and his committed base is not enough on their own to win the general election for him.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 02:35:38 pm »
Dems are wrong on domestic energy.
Dems are wrong on the border.
Dems, and their GOP enablers, are wrong on Federal Spending.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 10:33:52 pm »
2. The Hunter Biden Inside Job Got Blown Up
3. There Was No Competitive GOP Primary
4. Cornel West
5. No Labels

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 10:50:14 pm »
I believed the Dems are going to be *shocked* at how the Black vote and the Latino vote goes.

Dems are intrinsically racist. Therefore they project that all non-White people automatically agree with them. Because White Liberals see themselves as guardians and protectors of all the poor little colored people. In the mind of Liberals, minorities "owe" them. And the minorities must do as they are told.

However, I do not think this delusional arrogance reflects reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 12:00:14 am »
I disagree with him on the intended effect of the indictments.  I think they were precisely intended to boost Trump with his base and with GOP primary voters, in order to suck all the oxygen out of the room and make everything about Trump, thereby making it difficult for an actual leader to emerge from the GOP primary process.  The indictments will not help Trump in the general election, and his committed base is not enough on their own to win the general election for him.

Whether or not, that certainly seems to be the result... It is all about Tumpy... 24/7... and issues can gain no traction.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 06:23:14 am »
No question the Democommies want Trump to be the Republican Party candidate in 2024.  Why?  Not a mystery.  Having Trump will make it easier for many Republicans to line up against him in the political machine, including once again the stinking SCOTUS led by Roberts, Bush's appointee.

The machines will be manipulated, even if they have to change 80% of the vote from Trump to Biden, or whatever idiot the Dems run.

The republic is dead, and will remain so.  We are in that same period(early 30s) of time when Hitler had to eliminate all those he considered potential enemies before he consolidated his power to the totalitarian level.  I can see it easily happening.  As Biden so aptly said, in regard to any challenge to him, 'I have F-16s and nuclear weapons, what do they have?'  And then he chuckled with that corrupt sneer of his.  And they fixed the election for this slime ball.  They will do it again, and if the Dems gain power in both houses, they will do away with the two term limit so that this fool can run for a 3rd term.  The perfect mindless stooge.