Author Topic: GOP Counts the ‘Staggering’ Economic Pain of Migration  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Counts the ‘Staggering’ Economic Pain of Migration
« on: September 20, 2023, 05:15:46 pm »
GOP Counts the ‘Staggering’ Economic Pain of Migration

Neil Munro 20 Sep 2023

Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee Rep. Mark Green (R-TN) is counting the vast and growing transfer of taxpayers’ funds to the companies and non-profits that support President Joe Biden’s growing population of poor migrants.

The costs are rising for Americans in New York City, Arizona, Chicago, Tennessee, Maine, and many other states, said Green.

“Those dollars are ultimately being extracted from the wallets of hard-working, taxpaying men and women of this country, all to subsidize mass illegal immigration while families are struggling to make ends meet in a period of high inflation … It is staggering and infuriating,” said Green.

He continued:

In 2022 Congress’s Joint Economic Committee reported that the opioid epidemic cost our country almost $1.5 trillion in 2020. Imagine what those costs are now.

…

Medicaid spending on emergency services for undocumented aliens in FY21 alone cost $7 billion compared to $1.6 billion in FY16 … The majority of illegal aliens are uninsured and use emergency rooms to receive care of all kinds, from the routine to the severe. And as a doctor and medical entrepreneur, I can tell you those costs are being passed on to taxpayers, increasing the cost of care for the rest of us.

…

It also costs money to educate the hundreds of thousands of illegal-alien children, particularly those with limited proficiency in English. In New York City, one teacher recently told the New York Post. “We’re overwhelmed — we’ve all got migrant students in our classrooms and the teachers don’t speak a lick of Spanish.”

Each migrant in New York costs the city’s taxpayers $383 per day, Joseph Borelli, the GOP leader in the New York City Council, told the hearing.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/09/20/watch-gop-counts-the-staggering-economic-pain-of-migration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: GOP Counts the ‘Staggering’ Economic Pain of Migration
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 06:42:07 pm »
Keep sending those buses up North ... it's pitting Dems against fellow Dems.

Biden is destroying the cities and suburbs he needs to vote for him.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.