Author Topic: Children separated at US-Mexico border had ‘no interaction’ with their parents: report  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Children separated at US-Mexico border had ‘no interaction’ with their parents: report
by: Rafael Bernal, The Hill via Nexstar Media Wire

Posted: Sep 19, 2023 / 01:52 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 19, 2023 / 01:52 PM CDT

(The Hill) — Migrant children who were separated from their parents at the southern border were not informed by U.S. officials of their right to interact with family members, resulting in increased trauma from detention, according to an official report filed in court last week.

According to the report, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials at times separated children as young as 8 from their parents, often without informing the parties of their right to interact with each other.

The report was filed Friday in the U.S. District Court for Central California by Paul Wise, a professor of child health and pediatrics at Stanford University and the court-appointed juvenile child monitor overseeing the implementation of the Flores settlement agreement, a key court resolution governing detention standards for migrant minors.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/children-separated-at-us-mexico-border-had-no-interaction-with-their-parents-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson