Author Topic: Dementia in US officials may represent national security risk, Pentagon-funded study says  (Read 407 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dementia in US officials may represent national security risk, Pentagon-funded study says
by JACKSON WALKER | The National DeskMon, September 18th 2023, 11:07 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (TND) — U.S. officials with dementia may pose a national security threat, according to a study funded by the Pentagon.

Factors including longer life expectancy and more people working later in life are significant drivers of increased dementia in the U.S. workforce, the study published by RAND Corporation's National Security Research Division says.

“The workforce might experience a higher prevalence of dementia than in past generations. Taken together, we believe that an increasing number of cleared personnel—that is, personnel who hold or have held security clearances—have or will have dementia,” the study reads.

This, according to the study, increases the chances of individuals within the U.S. government with high security clearance experiencing dementia and becoming poor custodians of sensitive information. Though this issue presents a growing security risk, the study acknowledges that it will be a difficult one to counteract.

https://kimatv.com/news/nation-world/dementia-in-us-officials-may-represent-national-security-risk-pentagon-funded-study-says-rand-corporation-age-term-limits-mitch-mcconnell-dianne-feinstein-nancy-pelosi-mitt-romney
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What a surprise this isn't! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, the US Senate represents the greatest threat to American national security?

Great.  If the Chi-coms cutoff America's supply of Depends, we're doomed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 06:44:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dementia in US officials may represent national security risk, Pentagon-funded study says

Ya think????

I can't be the only  one thinking that stupidity  is a more serious problem than dementia. You have to HAVE a mind before you  can lose it,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!