Author Topic: U.S. Navy’s Latest Unmanned Surface Ships Call In Japan  (Read 377 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Navy’s Latest Unmanned Surface Ships Call In Japan
« on: September 19, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »
U.S. Navy’s Latest Unmanned Surface Ships Call In Japan

U.S. Navy's latest drone boats, USV (unmanned surface vessel) Mariner and LUSV (large unmanned surface vessel) Ranger, made a port call at Yokosuka of Kanagawa Prefecture in Japan on August 18, a very rare opportunity to see them in Japan, including Sasebo in western Japan.
Kosuke Takahashi  18 Sep 2023

Mariner has a dark blue exterior on the lower half of the hull, and Ranger has a gray hull.

The U.S. Pacific Fleet, headquartered in Hawaii, began its second multi-domain unmanned capabilities exercise May 1, 2023. The Fleet’s exercise, called Unmanned Systems Integrated Battle Problem (UxS IBP) 23.1, is a tactical warfighting rehearsal event conducted by U.S. 3rd Fleet headquartered in San Diego, California to test and develop fleet-centric concepts and capabilities, according to the U.S. Navy.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2023/09/u-s-navys-latest-unmanned-surface-ships-call-in-japan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: U.S. Navy’s Latest Unmanned Surface Ships Call In Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 09:43:48 pm »
According to a Baird Maritime report published on November 30, 2022,  both Mariner and Ranger utilize a design that was originally developed for fast crew transfer and supply duties in support of clients in the offshore oil and gas industry.

The damage Biden is doing to American industry will have long term effects undreamed of inside of the beltway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis