General Category > China

Xi’s Leadership Is in Crisis; Now Is the Time to Act

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on September 19, 2023, 05:40:08 pm ---Thing is I'm not sure the economic MAD between us and them exists anymore. They are 40 million plus workers short of producing what they need to satisfy demand, cutting us off or at least putting us last place would deal with alot of that.

Taking Taiwan would completely cripple us and solve that problem as well, and would have the side benefit of less demand for resources, lowering prices for them, and knocking the dollar to the sidelines.

And there doesn't need to be a unified BRICS currency. Now they are talking about nations creating their digital currencies and creating an exchange for trade. A single currency could come later much like the Euro.

--- End quote ---

Then why haven't they taken Taiwan already?

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on September 19, 2023, 06:41:13 pm ---Then why haven't they taken Taiwan already?

--- End quote ---

Who knows? They think differently, maybe they don't feel like all the chess pieces are in place yet. Indecision or a lack of experience maybe. They mystify me sometimes.

But if they do pull the trigger, it will have devastating consequences for us.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on September 19, 2023, 07:30:13 pm ---Who knows? They think differently, maybe they don't feel like all the chess pieces are in place yet. Indecision or a lack of experience maybe. They mystify me sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Maybe it's because they realize that they cannot do so without even more catastrophic consequences to themselves.

kevindavis007:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on September 19, 2023, 07:30:13 pm ---Who knows? They think differently, maybe they don't feel like all the chess pieces are in place yet. Indecision or a lack of experience maybe. They mystify me sometimes.

--- End quote ---

There is a rumor going around, that we are going to evacuate and bomb the TSMC plant if China does invade Taiwan. Mind you this is just a rumor.

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on September 19, 2023, 07:58:10 pm ---Maybe it's because they realize that they cannot do so without even more catastrophic consequences to themselves.

--- End quote ---

I don't know. Right now they could just about cut us out of the loop and not have it really affect them much, other than maybe farm products.

Dump our paper assets, cut us off from chips for our supply chains, and restrict exports to us, reprioritize production to their trading bloc of nations, easing the worker shortage. Crash our financial sector, economy and ultimately demand for raw resources (making them cheaper), where else would they need us if they could trade with someone else for ag food resources, or commandeer us to produce them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version