Author Topic: Donald Trump to Counter-Program Second GOP Debate by Appearing with Striking Auto Workers in Detroit  (Read 3649 times)

Offline corbe

He's pizzed because of that deal he made with Cruz for the meaningless Endorsement; The Federalist Society List.   
   His Sister, Mary, would have never returned the Abortion Issue back to the States. 

I don't understand why he's making this an issue, at all in this Campaign, dems will never vote for him.  They hate him more than us Nevers.!     

He's Stepping on your dick again
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

I heard it said best by a feller:

At some point, stupid has to hurt. And it will.

So vote for stupid, right?

Offline corbe

I was living in Nawlins and campaigning for David Duke (KKK) in 92.  I knew when the XGovenor (who just got out of Jail on Fed charges) came up with this, we were a goner, he'd win.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

I'm gonna type real slow so you can absorb it...

We all agree that Conservatism is the best way to run a government on any level.

But the culture has made it impossible for the GOP to convince the citizenry what's good for them without binding them to a chair and force-feeding them the 'Castor Oil'.

In fact, I think the luckiest person alive today is the Democrat who will be running for POTUS in 2028.

The only way out of this inflationary spiral is to make it expensive to borrow money.  Good luck holding on to voters with today's mainstream and social media.

You aren’t a part of that “we” because your posts make it clear that you abhor anything conservative.  Hence your continued support for that liberal democrat Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You aren’t a part of that “we” because your posts make it clear that you abhor anything conservative.  Hence your continued support for that liberal democrat Trump.

I certainly don't have to defend/explain my Conservative bonafides to you...whether you're @oceander, @Bill Cipher or @Kamaji

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:31:42 pm by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I certainly don't have to defend/explain my Conservative bonafides to you...whether you're @oceander, @Bill Cipher or @Kamaji

Stick it up your ass.

lol.....  Bandwaggoning Nationals Orioles fans are getting kind of frisky.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Stick it up your ass.   

What bona fides?  If you have them, you certainly haven't been displaying them here.

Online DCPatriot

lol.....  Bandwaggoning Nationals Orioles fans are getting kind of frisky.   :silly:

happy77 :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Because I vote for LEADERS...not ideological zealots.

It all depends on where the leader is leading you to, though.  If a leader is taking us in the wrong direction, I prefer his leadership skills be as poor as possible.

In Trump's case, he's like the Pied Piper of politics.  He plays a tune that a lot of people will follow, but exactly where he's leading them to gets ignored.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

ANYTHING  at the national level is a no-go... Unconstitutional according to SCOTUS.

That's not what SCOTUS said.  All that case held was that a right to abortion didn't exist in the Constitution itself.  There was nothing about whether Congress had the right to pass a national law regarding abortion.

Two completely different legal issues, really.  The Constitutional issue decided was based on the alleged "right to privacy" supposedly created by "emanations and penumbras" from the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments.  Legislation from Congress would be a Commerce Clause question.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 03:11:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Because I vote for LEADERS...not ideological zealots.

It's a dangerous world out there...

Then you should most definitely not be supporting Trump.  He was pretty much a failure as president, his only signature achievements being mean tweets and the Abraham accords.  No wall.  Liberal wet-dream levels of unnecessary spending.  Supreme Court justices who are only there because of Mitch McConnell and the Federalist Society, and McConnell's ability to build the necessary coalition to get a fractious GOP to vote for the nominees chosen by the Federalist Society.  Tax reform that was the product of Paul Ryan, not Donald Trump.  Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Offline Kamaji

That's not what SCOTUS said.  All that case held was that a right to abortion didn't exist in the Constitution itself.  There was nothing about whether Congress had the right to pass a national law regarding abortion.

Two completely different legal issues, really.  The Constitutional issue decided was based on the alleged "right to privacy" supposedly created by "emanations and penumbras" from the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments.  Legislation from Congress would be a Commerce Clause question.

Also, to some degree, a spending power question as well.

Offline Hoodat

I certainly don't have to defend/explain my Conservative bonafides to you

I'm puzzled as to how a person who bashes Conservatives at every opportunity would even have any Conservative bona-fides.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

True.  If Congress chooses to regulate abortion, they have that power.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

True.  If Congress chooses to regulate abortion, they have that power.

Well...maybe.  That hasn't been decided yet.  I honestly could see that one going either way depending on the composition of the Court

Offline LMAO

So what is the Trump strategy if the auto makers decide they can’t meet the union demands and then pack up and move to Mexico or India?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

Then I stand corrected. I thought the natural fall-back to the states and elimination of federal law lead to a ready conclusion - that it's the states' business.  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Then I stand corrected. I thought the natural fall-back to the states and elimination of federal law lead to a ready conclusion - that it's the states' business.  :shrug:

Well, they didn't say "no federal law".  They just said no constitutional law. 

But you are correct in the sense that the states are now free to legislate unless and until there is a federal statute. But if Congress does pass a statute, then that will override state law unless and until the Supreme Court strikes down the federal law.

Personally, I think a federal law is very unlikely.  Even though something like 15 weeks probably has majority support, you'd never get beyond a filibuster because of the politics of the issue on both sides.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 05:51:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

Well, they didn't say "no federal law".  They just said no constitutional law. 

But you are correct in the sense that the states are now free to legislate unless and until there is a federal statute. But if Congress does pass a statute, then that will override state law unless and until the Supreme Court strikes down the federal law.

Personally, I think a federal law is very unlikely.  Even though something like 15 weeks probably has majority support, you'd never get beyond a filibuster because of the politics of the issue on both sides.

Well then I guess Tumpy ain't so ignorant after all, if federal  law is possible... Albeit that it still would destroy the only long-term thing he can lay claim to.

As for me, I stand against returning it to the states - Though mildly, as I will take it as a win.
But the issue to me is one of approved sanctioning of death, which I think can only fall into two categories: Just cause (war), or Due Process (criminal conviction). I believe that flows outward from the Constitution, and it is therefore a Constitutional issue. In all other cases, I believe the Government is beholden to its original and default duty, the protection of Rights, first and foremost among them, necessarily Life.

So I do see it differently from most hereon.

Offline libertybele

It was returned to the states and it should stay there.

We are talking life; be it at 6 weeks or 8 weeks.  It is absolutely horrific how the laws have protected destroying life; especially right after birth.  That is murder.

For Trump to now come along and say it should be 15 weeks across the nation, gives it right back to the federal level and another decision by SCOTUS.  This is plain wrong.

---------------------
PreBorn!

www.preborn.com

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

For Trump to now come along and say it should be 15 weeks across the nation, gives it right back to the federal level and another decision by SCOTUS.  This is plain wrong.

That's right... But for a different reason... If the Fed finds itself able to sanction death beyond Just Cause or Due Process - Defining Life as it sees fit, there ain't many steps from there to killing off the elderly and the unproductive, and anyone else the government deems unworthy of the status of Life.

It is a very dangerous road down the way and around the corner.

Offline LMAO

How long before  Donald Trump start using the phrase “record profits”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

How long before  Donald Trump start using the phrase “record profits”
. I'm kind of curious as to what he's going to say.  There's some real potential for him to screw up bigly.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
. I'm kind of curious as to what he's going to say.  There's some real potential for him to screw up bigly.
I'm curious what Trump is going to promise the union that he can't deliver on or will renege on(seems to be his forte).

Online DCPatriot

I'm puzzled as to how a person who bashes Conservatives at every opportunity would even have any Conservative bona-fides.

@Hoodat

I'm a Conservative trapped inside a Libertarian.  Class of 98'

And a fellow member with ownership and several members here going back to "The Tea Room" and beyond.

That's TBR's great-great-great-great grandfather. 

So settle the BLEEP down!   :laugh: