Author Topic: Donald Trump to Counter-Program Second GOP Debate by Appearing with Striking Auto Workers in Detroit  (Read 3610 times)

Online Kamaji

@Kamaji  @LMAO  @roamer_1

You guys still think the billboard reads "Conservatism vs Liberalism"

How can't you see it's much more stark than that?   :shrug:

:mauslaff:

So stark that now we have to support a liberal democrat dressed up in GOP clothing?

:mauslaff:

Offline LMAO

Because it is

You want to end the abuses of the government? Fine. Reduce its size and scope

Growing it, regardless if it’s Biden or Trump growing it, won’t solve the problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

Correction: 

He just threw TBR pro-lifers overboard...nothin but a bunch of virtue-signaling purists.

How the hell are you going to win hearts and minds when you're alienating half the electorate?

Six weeks is downright ridiculous!  It's inflammatory.

He says he will negotiate (presumably under federal statute) a number of weeks that makes people happy.  We know what democrats find acceptable.  If he wants to run as a pro-choice republican, that's fine.  But he should not brag about Dobbs if he will only disparage and undermine state laws.

Abortion is only one issue.  Trump is moving left, left, left.  He has proposed a 10% tariff on imports.  That should make his UAW buddies happy too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 02:24:57 pm by cato potatoe »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Ok, I'll bite.  If conservatism is out of the picture, then what do you see as replacing it in that picture?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

It’s a human being made in the image of God.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

Correction: 

He just threw TBR pro-lifers overboard...nothin but a bunch of virtue-signaling purists.

How the hell are you going to win hearts and minds when you're alienating half the electorate?

Hold on now @DCPatriot ... Which HALF are you speaking of? It surely can't be women - ALL of which that I know, consider that child in the womb to be a child... A BABY, as any sane woman would.  They are hard wired that way by nature.

A mamma anything is the WORST thing to confront, because she will tolerate no folly. She will just kill you in the service of protecting her young. and every gal I know has that in her. You can't be talking about women...

So you must be talking about some kind of liberal v. conservative thing, and I don't give a sh*t about alienating whacko-liberals., sacrificing their children on the altar of convenience.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:18:59 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

No there is not

The so called Reagan Democrats are for the most part dead

Well alright... But before that they became Republicans. They are by and large, a big part of the Christian Right. Thanks to Ronaldus Magnus.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The best thing ANY federal candidate can do WRT abortion is stay the hell out of it! It's a state issue and always has been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

He believes he can replace the conservative voters in the party with Democrats

Just like every other liberal meathead that doesn't understand Principled Conservatism.

That hasn’t worked. If Trump and Trump endorsed candidates can’t win under the circumstances we had in 2022, were can they win?

Trump and his MAGA movement is just not appealing to the majority of the public

It's been done before. It's always done. It never works. What works is Conservatism. Unabashed, proudly sung, Conservatism is like a ringing bell, and a clarion call... And they all come a'runnin.

Offline roamer_1

Oh, I cannot wait for this to be explained @DCPatriot ... In what way is it EVER right to throw what works (and we all know it works) under the bus in order to serve some false and supposedly expedient notion? That is ALWAYS the excuse, every time. Go ahead... Just try to explain that one.

Offline roamer_1

It’s a human being made in the image of God.

An unique human being at that... Fully outfitted with every possible option already present in his DNA.

:beer:

Online the OlLine Rebel

Just like every other liberal meathead that doesn't understand Principled Conservatism.

Unabashed, proudly sung, Conservatism is like a ringing bell, and a clarion call... And they all come a'runnin.

And that was Ron Reagan, and no R presidential candidate since.

Partly from being as you stated, and partly his delivery.  The latter is about as important as the former.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Trump finding common cause with Fetterman...I can't wait until he seeks support from the SEIU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4y0JZOu8L0
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline corbe

Bernie Sanders warmed up the crowd for him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Trump finding common cause with Fetterman...I can't wait until he seeks support from the SEIU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4y0JZOu8L0

And wait until he has ACORN  do his “get out the vote” drives

It’s becoming more and more obvious that there is a huge divide between traditional conservative Republicans and the new Trump MAGA Republicans. MAGA Republicans think that the currency printing and  borrowing will be acceptable as long as that money is spent on them.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 12:36:22 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It’s becoming more and more obvious that there is a huge divide between traditional conservative Republicans and the new Trump MAGA Republicans.

Yup.  The MAGA folks openly deride Reagan conservativism, and vice-versa.  It's becoming more apparent all the time that there isn't a lot of overlap, either.

Not really anything that can be done about that right now except to ride it out
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:25:37 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

See?

You guyz still don't even realize that any moderate Democrat is still better than an American-hating Manchurian MFer calling the shots going on his 15th year now.

So why support a moderate Democrat among a field of Republican candidates in a Republican primary election?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

It's really none of your damn business what the people of Florida elect to do in their own State.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's really none of your damn business what the people of Florida elect to do in their own State.

Oh, you get no argument from me on that.

I'm simply defending Pres Trump's remarks about the six week deadline being applied on a national level being a no go! 

And stop looking for a fight, ya schmuck!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

So why support a moderate Democrat among a field of Republican candidates in a Republican primary election?

Because I vote for LEADERS...not ideological zealots.

It's a dangerous world out there...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

I'm simply defending Pres Trump's remarks about the six week deadline being applied on a national level being a no go! 

ANYTHING  at the national level is a no-go... Unconstitutional according to SCOTUS.

And I might point out that anything offered at the national level directly assaults the only actual success he can take credit for, albeit indirectly.

Online DCPatriot

Oh, I cannot wait for this to be explained @DCPatriot ... In what way is it EVER right to throw what works (and we all know it works) under the bus in order to serve some false and supposedly expedient notion? That is ALWAYS the excuse, every time. Go ahead... Just try to explain that one.

I'm gonna type real slow so you can absorb it...

We all agree that Conservatism is the best way to run a government on any level.

But the culture has made it impossible for the GOP to convince the citizenry what's good for them without binding them to a chair and force-feeding them the 'Castor Oil'.

In fact, I think the luckiest person alive today is the Democrat who will be running for POTUS in 2028.

The only way out of this inflationary spiral is to make it expensive to borrow money.  Good luck holding on to voters with today's mainstream and social media.

Online Hoodat

We all agree that Conservatism is the best way to run a government on any level.

Yet you repeatedly heap ridicule upon Conservative at every turn while championing Trump's liberal actions again and again.  So I'm having extreme difficulty reconciling your posting history over the last seven years with your statement above.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Because I vote for LEADERS...not ideological zealots.

Trump doesn't lead.  He lets the Swamp lead for him.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

But the culture has made it impossible for the GOP to convince the citizenry what's good for them without binding them to a chair and force-feeding them the 'Castor Oil'.

In fact, I think the luckiest person alive today is the Democrat who will be running for POTUS in 2028.

The only way out of this inflationary spiral is to make it expensive to borrow money.  Good luck holding on to voters with today's mainstream and social media.

Then the end is prescribed. Don't worry. The economy will adjust itself. It WILL happen. But there is a way forward without bread being $1000 bucks a loaf.

ALL the conservative principles will adjust themselves and you will not like where that leaves us, I guarantee. So if you ain't for fixing it, you're part of the problem. And it will happen anyhoo... many times worse.